Faculty of Chemistry
September 12-16, 2022
Price 450 - 480 € (depends of the course), No ECTS awarded
Capacity: min 5 - max 10 students for each course
Application deadline: May 31, 2022
Target group of students: primarily current Master students, but also suitable for Bachelor and PhD. students
The Summer School at the Faculty of Chemistry consists of two separate courses from which the student has to choose one. You can take one course bellow:
Food chemistry and technology (September 13-15, 2022)
- Food and agriculture waste processing and valorization to high added value products (preparation of protein bar).
- Food analysis by modern instrumental techniques, sensory analysis.
- Special food technologies – beer making, meat products – monitoring and control of pilot technology proces.
Workshop on Progressive Materials Chemistry (September 12-15, 2022)
- Modern methods of inorganic materials characterization:
- Chemical analysis of inorganic materials (XRF, XPS, FT-IR, Raman).
- Thermal analysis of inorganic materials (TGA-DTA-EGA-TMA).
- Structural analysis of inorganic materials (optical microscopy, SEM-EDS/WDS/EBSD, Raman microscopy, XPS imaging).
- Metal materials analysis
- Preparation of a metal sample for observation of microstructure (Metallography).
- Observation of microstructure and measurement of microhardness (LM, HV).
- Structural and elemental analysis of metallic materials (SEM, EDS).
- Biotechnological production of biopolymers (PHA) by microorganisms under the biorefinery concept (waste utilization, lowering CO2 footprint)
- Biopolymers as delivery systems for agriculture, pharmacy, cosmetics and biomedicine
- Biological effect of biomaterials (biocompatibility, antimicrobial effect, testing on human cell lines).
Responsibility: Mgr. Jan Suchý