CISCO Academy 3 - CCNP
FEKT-XPC-CA3Acad. year: 2019/2020
This course, that is part of the up-to-date and official Cisco CCNP curriculum, is focused on these topics: routing issues in large-scale networks (ISP, WAN), connecting of autonomous systems, route redistribution and secure routing. Course is also focused on IPv6 Internet implementation.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student which completes this course is able to:
- compare various routing protocols according to their key features,
- choose and configure suitable routing strategy for particular network,
- prepare configuration of secured routing for connection of branch offices and mobile workers,
- plan and implement routing with various routing protocols in complex LAN and WAN networks,
- demonstrate using of IPv6 protocol in routing, configure routing with IPv6.
Course covers the same skills that are validated in the CCNP certification exam 642-902 ROUTE.
Student, which is going to attend this course, should be able to:
- use several numeral systems and conversions among them,
- explain and use elementary units common in area of information and communication technologies (ICT), e.g. data size, transmission speed,
- use elementary terms from ICT area, e.g. operating system, memory, process,
- describe architecture of basic network models, i.e. TCP/IP and ISO/OSI,
- describe basic application protocols for user data transfer from TCP/IP suite,
- configure routing protocols used on local-area level on CCNA knowledge level.
One of the three following conditions is required: Completed CA2 course at FEKT, or valid CCNA 640-802 certification or newer, or successfully finished CCNA4 Exploration (WAN Technologies) or newer at another Cisco Academy.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Teare, D.: Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide, Cisco press, USA 2010. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods include practical laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Up to 16 points from partial tests.
Up to 14 points from final theoretical test.
Up to 70 points from final practical exam.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction of Routing Services for wide networks with IPv4 and IPv6.
2. Routing with EIGRP (metric manipulation, load balancing, stub routing).
3. Routing with EIGRP (IPv6, named EIGRP).
4. Routing with OSPF (one- and multi-area solutions, virtual link technique, stub routing).
5. Routing with OSPF (case study 1), IPv6 tunnels over IPv4 network.
6. Manipulating routing updates, redistribution.
7. Implementing Path Control, case study 2.
8. Implementing Routing Facilities for Branch Offices and Mobile Workers. BGP protocol (basic configuration, use of attributes).
9. BGP protocol (other attributes, metric manipulation, summarization, filtering).
10. BGP protocol (iBGP, synchronization, MP-BGP).
11. Securing of management plane and routing protocols.
12. Case study 3, case study 4.
13. Case study 5.
The goal of the course is to provide to students the compact orientation and practical experiences in field of routing techniques used in LAN and WAN networks, in particular in implementation and configuration of routing protocols (EIGRP, multi-area OSPF, internal and external BGP), in area of route redistribution and optimization, in IPv6 issues and in area of securing basic functions of the router.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance on laboratories is compulsory, properly excused laboratories can be filled after talking to the lecturer.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, elective
- Programme BKC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, elective
- Programme BKC-MET Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, elective
- Programme BKC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, elective
- Programme BKC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-IBE Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme MPC-AUD Master's
- Programme EEKR-CZV lifelong learning
branch ET-CZV , 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
52 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer