FME, IPE DMMEA – Professor
+420 54114 2827
Education and academic qualification
- 1972, Faculty of Natural Sciences UJEP in Brno, Physics,
- 1973, RNDr.,Faculty of Natural Sciences UJEP in Brno, Physics and Mathematics,
- 1983, Ph.D., Faculty of Natural Sciences UJEP in Brno, Physics Cond. Matter,
- 1989, Assoc. Prof., Faculty of Mech. Engng. BUT, Physics Cond. Matter,
- 1991, habilition, Faculty of Mech. Engng. BUT, Physics Cond. Matter,
- 1996, Prof., Faculty of Mech. Engng. BUT, Materials Engineering
- 1974-1985, research worker, Research Institute 070 in Brno
- 1985-1989, Assistant Professor., Department of Physics, FME BUT
- 1989-1996, Associate Professor, Department of Physics, FME BUT
- 1996-2010, Head of the Department Materials Micromechanics and Applied Acoustics, IPE FME BUT,
- 2011-2017, Group Leader, Central European Indstitute of Technology, BUT,
- since 1996, Professor, Institute of Physical Engineering, FME BUT.
- Lectures and tutorials in Physics of Fracture for PhD courses, lectures in Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Materials for magister studies in Physical Engineering.
- Physics and Micromechanics of Materials.
- Research fields:
- modelling micromechanisms of fatigue and brittle fracture,
- computation of mechanical properties of crystals based on empirical interatomic potentials and electronic structure,
- quantitative fractography,
- uniaxial and biaxial fatigue of materials(experimental).
- since 2012 - Group leader RG2-4 at the Ceitec BUT
- 1996 - 2011 - head of the Department of Materials Micromechanics and Applied Acoustics IPE,
- since 1996 - member of advisory board for PhD studies in Physical and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology.
- 1993-1999: Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Metallic Materials,
- since 1995: General chair of int. conferences \"Materials Structure and Micromechanics of Fracture (MSMF 1 - 9)\".
- since 2003: Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Strength of Materials,
- since 2007: Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Physico-Chemical Mechanics of Materials
- since 1999: Czech representative in the Council of the European Structural Integrity Society (ESIS) and Chairman of the Czech Chapter
- since 2003: Member of the subcommittee 106, Czech Science Foundation
- 2006-2009: Member of the Executive Committee of the European Structural Integrity Society (ESIS)
- 2006-2018: Chairman of the Technical Committe on Micromechanisms (TC2 ESIS)
- 2008: General chair of the \"17th European Conference on Fracture (ECF17)\", Brno, 1.-5. 9., 2008
- 2010-2014: Vice-president of the European Structural Integrity Society (ESIS
- since 2016: Member of the Scientific Board of the Alexander Dubček University in Trenčín, Slovakia
Prizing by scientific community
- 1987, Diploma No. 37 (discovery), Institute for Patents and Discoveries and Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences,
- 1999, Award, European Structure Integrity Society (ESIS),
- 2003, Grant, Japanies Society for Promotion of Science,
- 2005, Commemorative Medal, Institute of Materials Research, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Košice,
- 2008 Silver Medal, Brno University ogf Technology,
- 2008 ESIS Fellow,
- 2010 Award of Merit (ESIS)
- Guest editor of impckted scientific journals Engineering Fracture Mechanics (2007,2009), Materials Science Forum (2004), Metallic Materials (1995) and int. journal Strength of Materials (2008),
- Reviewer of papers in many impacted scientific journals (Can. J. Physics, Mater. Sci. Engineering., Fat. Fract. Engng. Mater. Strucures, Engng. Fract. Mechanics, Mater. Sci. Forum, Mater. Research, Czech. J. Physics, Metall. Materials, Comp. Mater. Science, Strain, Int. J. Fracture, Int. J. Fatigue),
- Key-notes and memberships in scientific boards of many international conferences,
- Nearly 1000 citations to published papers.
- Significant projects in the past (brief list):
- 1x COST (OC 517.30D, main researcher)
- 4x AKTION (Czechia - Austria, main researcher)
- 8x CSF (main researcher, co-researcher)
- 1x INFRA (LB98269, co-researcher)
Sum of citations (without self-citations) indexed within SCOPUS