Visa for a stay of over 90 days (long-term visa)
The purpose of „STUDIES“
An application for a long-term visa for over 90 days can be filed at a Czech Embassy abroad.
A long-term visa for the purpose of studies is issued for a period that is demonstrated with the confirmation of studies, however, not longer than 1 year.
- application form
- travel document (original)
- 2 photographs, not necessary if a pictorial recording has been made of the foreign national,
- proof of accommodation
- document on enrolment in studies (Letter of Acceptance)
- proof of funds
upon request you are further obliged to submit
- document similar to an extract from the Penal Register record, issued by the state of which you are a citizen, as well as the states in which, in the last 3 years, you have resided continuously for a period longer than 6 months
- document proving the fulfilment of conditions set out in the measure of Ministry of Health on prevention of the spread of infectious illnesses
- proof of medical travel insurance (in case of visa issuance)
If the insurance is taken out abroad, an officially certified translation into the Czech language of the insurance contract and the general insurance conditions shall also be submitted at the same time. The proof of premium payment shall also be provided upon request.
You can also find all documents here.
Extension of visa/residence permit
90 days before the expiration of the visa or 120 days before the expiration of the residence permit, it is possible to apply for the extension of these documents. The deadline is the last day of validity of the current visa/residence permit. The application and submitted documents are the same as at the embassy.
The project „Student Mode“ is the concept of visa facilitation for students-foreigners from selected third countries who are admitted to study at Universities in the Czech Republic. The function of Student Mode is to accelerate access to the relevant embassy for an applicant seeking a long-term visa/residence permit for the purpose of studies. Placing an applicant on the list of the Student Mode does not guarantee a positive processing of the visa application. For further detailed information please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to be nominated for the Student Mode?
- If you want to be nominated for the Student Mode please contact directly your faculty coordinator (short term studies).
- If you want to be nominated for the Student Mode please contact directly your faculty coordinator (degree studies in English or Czech).
What should I do when I have been accepted?
- Please prepare all documents for submitting your application at the Czech embassy.
- Be ready and wait for an e-mail or call from the Czech embassy.
- If you do not submit all the required documents you will be automatically removed from the Student Mode.
Student Mode covers the following countries (valid from 1.9.2021).
Responsibility: Mgr. Marta Vaňková