Cryptologic Protocol Theory
FEKT-MPA-CPTAcad. year: 2022/2023
The course contains the introduction into advanced cryptography and provides the students with the information about basic cryptographic primitives and schemes. In particular, the commitment schemes, interactive proof systems, zero-knowledge protocols, sigma protocols, interactive and non-interactive proof of knowledge protocols, group signatures and advanced systems like eCash and attribute-based credentials are covered.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Explain in English the principles of cryptographic commitments, zero-knowledge protocols and sigma protocols.
Design the interactive proof of knowledge protocols.
Use the commitment schemes in complex cryptosystems.
Evaluate speed and computational efficiency of standard proof of knowledge protocols.
Explain in English the principles of attribute authentication systems and eCash systems.
Recommended optional programme components
STALLINGS, W. Cryptography and network security: principles and practice. Seventh edition. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The maximum of 40 points is given upon completion of the tests in laboratories. The requirements on the completion of the tasks in laboratories are described in the annual supervisor’s notice. The maximum of 60 points can be gained during the final exam.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to modern cryptography, Number Theory.
2. Modular arithmetics, Algebraic structures.
3. Basic cryptographic primitives overview.
4. Elliptic curve cryptography.
5. Bilinear pairing.
6. Protocols using bilinear pairing.
7. Commitment schemes.
8. Zero-knowledge protocols.
9. Sigma protocols.
10. Sigma protocols II.
11. Group signatures.
12. Attribute-based credentials.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MPA-CAN Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme MPAD-CAN Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme MPA-TEC Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme MPAJ-TEC Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional