Applied Computer Technology
FEKT-MPA-APTAcad. year: 2021/2022
Fundamentals and examples of problems' solutions in applied computer technology. Overviw and practice of application IT means. Fundamental theoretic overview and practical skills in application of IT means.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledges: overview of activities that can be aided by means of IT and related aspects.
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Newby, T., Stepich, D. Legman, J.-Russell, J.: Instructional Technology for Teaching and Learning: Designing Instruction, Integrating Computers, and Using Media. Prentice Hall, 2000. ISBN: 0-13-914052-2 (EN)
Mendenhall, W., Bever, R., J., Beaver, B., M.: Introduction to probability and statistics: metric version. 15 edition. Boston: Cengage, 2018. ISBN 978-0-357-11446-9. (EN)
Brase, Ch., H., Brase, C., P.: Statistics: concepts and methods. 10th ed. Boston: Brooks/Cole, c2012. ISBN 978-1-111-57004-0. (EN)
Diggle, P., Chetwynd, A.: Statistics and scientific method: an introduction for students and researchers. Oxford: Oxford University Press, c2011. ISBN 978-0-19-954318-2. (EN)
Daim, T., U.: Technology development: multidimensional review for engineering and technology managers. Cham: Springer, c2014. Innovation, Technology, and Knowledge Management. ISBN 978-3-319-05650-0. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures, computer laboratories and practical laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system. Students have to write a single project/assignment during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Maximum 70 points for completed tasks during the semester, 30 points final test.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, overview and analysis of applied computer technology, applied computer technology for creative thinking and problem solving
2. Computer software, license policy, types of software license, legislative aspects of computer application, authorial law
3. Application for presentation developing and formation
4. Graphical editors, graphical standards and computer animation
5. Applications for measurement and data collection
6. Applications for data sorting and processing
7. Applications for quality management operations and production planning
8. Work with data and databases, data from database publication
9. Scientifics’ applications, graphical and numerical data analysis
10. Web presentations, web design, web graphics
11. Applications in the Internet area, computer virus
The aim of course is to make students familiar with IT applications in various activities areas.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.