FAST-BEA010Acad. year: 2020/2021
Theoretical principals and application of transformations in plane and space. Trigonometrical measurement of height differences. Centering of directions and distances. Principles, Measurement and processing of GNSS (GPS, GLONASS etc.). Special directional measurement – gyroskopic and magnetic measurement. Survey of underground line and object, including their location.
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student gets overview of transformation, acquaintances with basic principles and methods of measurement and orientation of geodetic networks, gyroskopic and magnetic measurement and basic of space geodesy.
Fundamental knowledge of mathematics, geometry and physics. Knowlendge of basic geodetic measurement and computation.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Trigonometric leveling. Geometrical leveling (presice leveling, very precise leveling).
2. Two-dimensional conformal transformation. Calculation of transformation parameters by LSQ adjustment.
3. Helmert's, affine and projective transformations. Correction transformed coordinates weighted average method.
4. Three-dimensional conformal transformation. Rotating matrices. Calculation of transformation parameters by LSQ adjustment.
5. Basics of GNSS – GPS, GLONAS and more.
6. GNSS signals, navigation message correction measurements.
7. Equation of the code and phase measurements. Solution of the autonomous positioning.
8. Differential and linear combinations of code and phase measurements – principles and purpose.
9. Differential GNSS systems, GNSS Applications.
10. Selected methods of orientation – gyro measurements. Conversion of azimuth into bearing.
11. Selected methods of directional orientation – magnetic measurements.
12. Finding the points with known coordinates in terrain.
13. Further development of technologies in geodesy.
Getting an overview of problems in transformation. Acquaintance with basic principles and methods of measurement and orientation of geodetic networks. Gyroskopic and magnetic measurement. Basic methods of space geodesy.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-GK Bachelor's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory