Structures and Building Techniques
FA-ETESAcad. year: 2020/2021
Lectures follow the current trends in the design of low-energy buildings. Emphasis is placed on energy efficiency and the impact on the environment and quality of life for building users. The course covers a number of topics related to the structural design, technical services and energy assessment of the building with respect to its sustainability and economical aspects.
Offered to foreign students
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Hirš, J., Gebauer, G., Vzduchotechnika v příkladech
Gebauer, G., Rubinová, O., Horká, H., Vzduchotechnika
Štěchovský, J., Vytápění pro střední školy se studijním oborem TZB nebo obdobným
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
2. Survey of structural technology. Construction techniques, materials.
3. Disposition requirements on a building. Zoning with respect to the purpose of integral parts of the building.
4. Survey of technical services – heating systems.
5. Survey of technical services – hot domestic water (HDW) preparation.
6. Survey of technical services – ventilation and air-conditioning.
7. Survey of technical services – artificial lighting.
8. Alternative and renewable energy sources in buildings.
9. Energy assessment of buildings, specific energy parameters, energy performance of technical systems.
10. Environmental assessment of buildings, sustainability of building construction and operation.
11. Economical aspects of a building operation within its life-cycle, investment and operational costs of buildings.
12. Design of a low-energy house study and application of preceding knowledge.
13. Basic calculations, assessment of technical, energy, environmental and economic factors of the designed building. Review.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans