Digital Electronics 2
FEKT-BPC-DE2Acad. year: 2019/2020
Course is focused to microprocessor technique and to the usage of the technique in embedded systems. Students become familiar with the digital technique, especially with the synchronous systems. Further, course is focused to 8-bit microcontrollers programing in language C and assembly language. Students get practical experiences with individual parts of the microprocessors' systems.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The graduate is able: (a) memorize and describe the basic parts of microprocessors systems, (b) design an embedded device, controlled by a n-bit microcontroller, (c) verify the microprocessors systems function, (d) analyse the computing demands of the digital signal processing algorithms, (e) program the basic algorithms of control technique in assembly language and in C language, (f) use microprocessor devices.
Fundamentals of digital technique, electronics, and programing in C language are the pre-requisites.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods include lectures and computer laboratories with AVR development kits. Students have to defense one project during the course. All learning materials are available via elearning.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Project and tests during semester, final examination.
Language of instruction
1. Numerical systems and representations.
2. Introduction to microprocessor systems.
4. Display devices.
5. Analog-digital conversion.
6. Parallel and serial communications.
7. Semiconductor memories.
8. Instruction set.
9. Tools for application development.
10. Coding standards, version-control systems.
11. Increasing computing capabilities.
12. DSP and x86 architectures.
13. Introduction to IoT.
The aim of the course is to present the fundamentals of the microprocessor devices and to present the practical approaches of embedded systems design, including the evaluation of firmwares.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Evaluation of activities is specified by a regulation, which is issued by the lecturer responsible for the course annually.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme EEKR-CZV lifelong learning
branch ET-CZV , 1. year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, compulsory