Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT)
FIT-C3PAcad. year: 2019/2020
Overview of troubleshooting methodologies. Tools for troubleshooting: IOS diagnostistic tools, SNMP, Netflow, packet capturing. Troubleshooting switches, STP and VLAN networks. Troubleshooting EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and redistribution. Network management using Cisco IOS Security and Cisco IOS Firewall. IP telephony monitoring. Monitoring IPv6.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students learns approaches and methodologies for network troubleshooting. Using Hands-on Labs they will troubleshoot switches and routers using various diagnostic tools and IoT services for troubleshooting. They will be able to troubleshoot STP, VLANs, routing protocols and network security.
Sucessfull completion of CCNP ROUTE and CCNP SWITCH courses.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Lecture notes in English.
Electronic documents at Academy Online Portal.
Kevin Wallace: CCNP TSHOOT 642-832 Official Certification Guide, Cisco Press, 2010.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
- Preparation and active participation at hands-on labs (max 36 points)
- Challenge lab (max 20 points)
- Skills test (max 34 points)
- To obtain Certification of Completion, all module test must be completed + skills test and final exam score must be over 80%.
- Active partication on all hands-on labs.
- Half of points of all activity is required for credits.
Language of instruction
The goal of the course is to learn students methodology and techniqies for Cisco networks diagnosis and troubleshooting. Students will apply troubleshooting techniques on practical management of routers and switches.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
- Preparation and active participation at all hands-on labs.
- Completion of all module tests.
- Missed classes are not replaced.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme IT-MGR-2 Master's
branch MBI , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MPV , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MGM , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MSK , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional
branch MIS , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MBS , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MIN , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MMI , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MMM , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme MITAI Master's
specialization NNET , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
Type of course unit
52 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
- Introduction to troubleshooting. Methodologies.
- Tools for troubleshooting. IOS Diagnostic Tools, Packet Capturing, SNMP, Netflow.
- Troubleshooting VLAN and STP.
- Troubleshooting switches and routers, inter-VLAN routing, HSRP, VRRP and GLBP.
- Troubleshooting routing protocols EIGRP and OSPF.
- Troubleshooting routing protocol BGP. Performance optimization.
- Troubleshooting Cisco devices. Cisco IOS Security. Cisco IOS Firewall. ACLs.
- Troubleshooting NAT and DHCP.
- Troubleshooting Voice over IP and Video over IP.
- Troubleshooting IPv6, configuration, tunneling, routing using OSPFv3 and RIPng.
- Troubleshooting applications using Netflow, IP SLA, QoS and NBAR.
- Troubleshooting VPN networks.
- Skills test. Final Exam.