Advanced Information Systems
FIT-PISAcad. year: 2018/2019
Modeling of process in information systems. Internet interfaces of information systems. Manager information systems a devices for knowledge data discovery. Transaction models. Decision support, data mining.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
An overview of wide spectrum of various information systems. Detailed knowledge of modern method for design and implementation of information systems oriented to economic and government applications. Methodology of design and implementation of information system.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Complete set of electronic supporting texts.
McLeod, R.: Management Information Systems, Prentice Hall International London 1998, 655 p., ISBN 0-13-896101-8
Cichocki, A., Abdelsalam, H., Rusinkiewitz, M., Woelk, D.: Workflow and Process Automation - Concepts and Technology, Kluver Academic Publishers Dordrecht 1998, 114 p., ISBN 0-7923-8099-1
Fayyad, U.M. et al.: Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, AAAI Press Menlo Park 1996, 610 p., ISBN 9-780262-560979
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
- Midterm test - 19 points
- Project - 30 points
- Final written exam - 51 points, at least 20 points required
- At least 25 points must be obtained during the semester
At least 25 points obtainable during the semester.
Language of instruction
Based on the knowledge of information system on the bachelor level to expand this knowledge of information systems and technology of their development.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Midterm exam, realization of a project in due dates. In the case of a reported obstacles to submit the project, the student will be allowed to submit the project in an alternative date.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme IT-MGR-2 Master's
branch MBI , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MPV , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MBS , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory
branch MIN , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MMI , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MMM , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MGM , 2. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, elective
branch MSK , 2. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional
branch MIS , 2. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
- Pyramid scheme, OLTP and OLAP, essential modelling principles, metadata, structures and collections, CDL
- Object-oriented data model, inheritence, relationships, roles, other OODB systems
- Object-oriented DB system Cache
- Java EE
- Java EE cont.
- Demo for project solution
- Advanced transactional models, road to workflow
- Workflow model
- Advanced visualisation, dashboards, information handover techniques
- Big data, business intelligence, data marts, OLAP
- OLAP, multidimensional model, implementation, query languages, OLAP systems architecture
- Big data, Hadoop
- Ontologie and semantic web
13 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
- Design of an information system according to the specification
- Implementation of the designed system on a specified enterprise platform