FME, IM DSO – Assistant professor
+420 54114 2546
Education and academic qualification
- 1998, Ph.D., Charles University Prague, Mathematical-Physical Faculty, Dept. of Probability and Statistics, Econometrics
- 1986, RNDr., University of Jan Evangelista Purkyně, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Dept. of Mathematics, System Theory
- 1984, MSc. (equiv.), University of Jan Evangelista Purkyně, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Dept. of Mathematics, System Theory
- 1986- BUT FME IM, senior lecturer
- 1984-1986 BUT FME IM, study stay
- 1984- BUT lectures and tutorials on courses MI - MIV, numerical methods and programming. Specialized courses on applied statistics and operations research for engineers.
- 1993- lectures on optimization and mathematical programming for PhD students.
- 1993- lectures on optimization and computer aided optimization for students in mathematical engineering.
- 1998-1999 Masaryk University, EMMI, EMMII
- 2000 University of Malta, nonlinear programming
- 2001 University of Malta, dynamic programming
- 2002 University of Malta, stochastic and dynamic programming
- 2003 University of Malta, stochastic, dynamic and integer programming
- 2004 University of Malta, stochastic programing I a II, selected chapters of numerical methods for statistics and operations research
- 2006 local supervisor of 3 diploma theses of MSc. students visiting Brno (from Malta and Norway).
- 2003-2010 Molde University College, optimization modelling in AMPL, stochastic and dynamic programming
- 1997-2010 supervisor of 34 master theses in mathematical engineering.
- 2007-2010 supervisor of 4 bachelor theses in mathematical engineering.
- optimization models and methods,
- stochastic programming,
- operations research applications,
- aplied probability and statistics
- 2005- the elected member of the Board of Czech Universities (vicechairman of the Strategical Committee, the chairman since 2009, the member of the Economical Committee): analyses, referee of quantitative methods and key indicators in the evaluation of universities, referee of R&D evaluation methods in 2007, the member of the BCU team for the new university law in 2009 and for long term planning for 2011-2015 period.
- 2005- the elected member of Academic Senate of BUT, chairman of Economic Committee, member of Academic Senate of FME (analyses and simulations of impact of external budget changes on BUT, university key indicator analyses with J. Roupec)
- 2002-2005 the elected member of AS BUT, chairman of Economical Committee, member of AS FME (budget analyses)
- 1999-2002 the elected member of AS BUT, te elected member of AS FME, the chairman of Financial Committee,
- 1996-1999 the elected member of AS FME (income statistical analyses).
- 2005- member of the Czech Statistical Society Board
- 2004-2010 member of Committee of Stochastic Programing
Prizing by scientific community
- 2003 the external examiner of the Central Bank of Malta
- 2004 invited tutorial for PhD students: SP X conference Tucson, USA
- 2007 invited lectures: Spring School of Stochastic Programming, University of Bergamo, Italy
- 2010 the external examiner of PhD. Biju Thapalia (MUC, Norway)
- 2010 the session organizer and the member of Programme Committee of the XII International Conference on Stochastic Programming in Halifax (Canada)