Long-term residence permit
The purpose of „STUDIES“
An application for a long term residence can be filed at a Czech Embassy abroad.
Long-term residence permit for the purpose of study is intended for foreigners who will study in the Czech Republic for a period longer than three months in a study program longer than one year.
- completed application form
- 2 photographs
- travel document (no older than 10 years)
- document confirming the purpose of the stay in the Czech Republic
- proof of accommodation
- funds to cover the stay in the Czech Republic
Upon request of the administrative body the applicant also submits:
- document similar to the Register of Criminal Records
- document proving the fulfilment of conditions set out in the measure of Ministry of Health on prevention of the spread of infectious illnesses (medical report)
- document on travel medical insurance (in case of visa issuance)
If the insurance is taken out abroad, an officially certified translation into the Czech language of the insurance contract and the general insurance conditions shall also be submitted at the same time. The proof of premium payment shall also be provided upon request.
An application for a long-term residence permit for the purpose of “studies” is processed within 60 days of it being filed.
The validity of the long-term residence permit for the purpose of “studies” in the Czech Republic (§ 42d) can be repeatedly extended, but no longer than by 2 years, if it was issued for the purpose of “studies” at a higher education establishment .
Extension of visa/residence permit
90 days before the expiration of the visa or 120 days before the expiration of the residence permit, it is possible to apply for the extension of these documents. The deadline is the last day of validity of the current visa/residence permit. The application and submitted documents are the same as at the embassy.
The project „Student Mode“ is the concept of visa facilitation for students-foreigners from selected third countries who are admitted to study at Universities in the Czech Republic. The function of Student Mode is to accelerate access to the relevant embassy for an applicant seeking a long-term visa/residence permit for the purpose of studies. Placing an applicant on the list of the Student Mode does not guarantee a positive processing of the visa application. For further detailed information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
How to be nominated for the Student Mode?
- If you want to be nominated for the Student Mode please contact directly your faculty coordinator (short term studies).
- If you want to be nominated for the Student Mode please contact directly your faculty coordinator (degree studies in English or Czech).
What should I do when I have been accepted?
- Please prepare all documents for submitting your application at the Czech embassy.
- Be ready and wait for an e-mail or call from the Czech embassy.
- If you do not submit all the required documents you will be automatically removed from the Student Mode.
Student Mode covers the following countries (valid from 1.9.2021).
Responsibility: Mgr. Marta Vaňková