All foreign nationals

  • Find accommodation

  • Inform yourself of other facilities

Nationals of non-EU countries staying for a long term

To get a visa/residence permit at a Czech Embassy abroad, you will need:

  • Valid passport

  • Supporting documents (hosting agreement, university’s written commitment, employment contract, confirmation of monthly income, etc.)

  • Criminal record(s)

  • Proof of accommodation (if required)

  • Proof of travel insurance

  • Passport photos (2 pcs)


All foreign nationals

  • Open a bank account

  • Register your vehicle

  • Have your driving license replaced (if required)

  • Family, medical care…

EU nationals

Registration with the Foreign Police – must be done within 30 days after arrival. You must:

  • Fill in the short questionnaire

  • Have a valid passport

  • Have a proof of accommodation

Nationals of non-EU countries

Registration at the OAMP (Department of Asylum and Migration Policy Brno) must be done within 3 days after arrival. The registration involves:

  • Filling in the form

  • Presenting a valid passport

  • Presenting supporting documents – employment contract, confirmation of monthly income

  • Proving that you have accommodation

  • Proving that you have a health insurance

  • Suppling passport photos (2 pcs)


All foreign nationals

  • Close your bank account

  • Return the employee card and health insurance card to the HR department

  • Return your residence card – send it to the Department of Asylum and Migration

Download Check-list in PDF

    Responsibility: Mgr. Petra Kuchaříková