Car Communication Devices
FEKT-MPA-AKTAcad. year: 2022/2023
Students become familiar with fundamentals of methods, standards and phenomena in the field of vehicular and mobile communication. An emphasis is given on the description of parameters of the transmission channels in the context of V2V and V2I such as channel stationarity, MIMO channel correlation and Doppler spread and shift. Students will gather information on the modelling of the data traffic as well as the real-world vehicular traffic in VANET networks. Students will understand the physical layer architecture of DRSC systems e.g. IEEE 802.11p or cellular systems such as LTE-V. Emphasis is put on explanation of the principles of a 4th and 5th generation mobile systems (LTE).
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
ANAND, Paul; NAVEEN, Chilamkurti; DANIEL, Alfred; RHO, Seungmin. Intelligent Vehicular Networks and Communications, ISBN: 9780128092668, 2016. (CS)
CHEN, Wai. Vehicular Communications and Networks, ISBN: 978-1-78242-211-2, 2015, Publikace je dostupná studentům a zaměstnancům VUT prostřednictvím digitální knihovny Elsevier. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Specifics of the inter-vehicular wireless communication.
2. Radio channel description: fundamental concepts and defining properties.
3. Methods and principles of time-variant channel sounding.
4. Intra-vehicular communication, CAN, LIN, FlexRay.
5. Standards of V2V communication part 1: DSRC systems, IEEE 802.11p.
6. Standards of V2V communication part 2: cellular systems, LTE-V.
7. 5G technology for V2V and V2I communication.
8. Traffic modelling and routing in VANET networks.
9. Simulation tools, scenarios and metrics.
10. Localization in the vehicular networks.
11. Wireless Access networks (802.xx), WLAN 802.11 a, b, g, n, ...
12. LTE - Long Term Evolution, 3GPP Release 08. Physical layer description
The aim of the course is to get the students familiar with basic concepts and algorithms necessary for the information dissemination in the intra- and inter-vehicular networks including the specifics of the radio channel and function of mobile communication systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
Type of course unit
Teacher / Lecturer
Exercise in computer lab
Teacher / Lecturer