FEKT-DKA-ME2Acad. year: 2022/2023
The subject is focused on a study of the microelectronic technologies using seminary and self-study. Students will take-up overview about elemental and advanced methods and techniques, material utilization, and rules for microstructure creation. They will know how to take bearings in areas of the design and fabrication, as well about utilization of nanotechnologies in microelectronics.
Offered to foreign students
The home faculty only
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Preview of the mehods and techniques in thin-film and semicoductor technology, design skill of the microstructures and nanostructures using advanced techniques of fabrication.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
H.O. Pierson, Handbook of Chemical Vapor Deposition. William Andrew Publishing, LLC Norwish, NY, USA, 1999, ISBN 0-8155-1432-8 (EN)
S. Sivaram, Chemical Vapor Deposition. International Thomson Publishing Inc., 1995, ISBN 0-442-01079-6 (EN)
M.A. Reed and T. Lee, Molecular Nanoelectronics. American Scientific Publisher, 2003, ISBN 1-58883-006-3 (EN)
MEMS and Nanotechnology Clearinghouse, http://www.memsnet.org (EN)
Courtesy Sandia National Laboratories, SUMMiTTM Technologies, www.mems.sandia.gov (EN)
Michael Kraft: Micromachined Inertial Sensors Recent Developments at BSAC, prezentace, Berkeley Sensor &Actuator Center, California,USA (EN)
C.T. Leondes, MEMS/NEMS Handbook: Techniques and Applications, Vol. 1-5. Springer Science, 2006 (EN)
H.S. Nalez, Handbook of Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Materials and Nanocoposities, Vol. 1-2, American Scientific Publisher, 2003. (EN)
TJ. Coutts, Active and Passive Thin Film Device. Academic Press, London 1978, pp.1-858 (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Evaluation of oral exam according to prepared presentation, understanding, ability to present topic and references studied.
Language of instruction
1. Elemental methods for the thin-film deposition,
2. Materials in the thin-film technology,
3. Topology design, lithography,
4. Anisotropic and isotropic etching of the microstructures,
5. The thermal and chemical oxidation,
7. Impurity diffusion,
8. Passive layers,
9. Modern methods of the microstructure creation,
Student is going to familiarize with the elemental and advanced methods and techniques for the microstructures and semiconductor devices fabrication, with materials, rules for their creation and modern nanotechnologies in semiconductor industry.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DKA-KAM Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-EKT Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-MET Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-SEE Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-TLI Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-TEE Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer