Spanish Elementary 2
FAST-VYS002Acad. year: 2022/2023
This course is for students with elementary knowledge of Spanish at A1- of CEFR, and it is focused on the following topics - eating out, using public transport, culture, travelling, appearance and character, names of months and seasons. The grammar will cover these areas - conjugation of the verb gustar, positive form of the imperative, the verb estar+ gerund, reflexive pronouns and past simple of regular and irregular verbs.
There is a credit test at the end of the semester.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Level of knowledge at A1- of CEFR which students could get in the course VYS001.
Recommended optional programme components
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
The aim of this course is to teach the basics of Spanish language and the basic communicative skills that are necessary to achieve the A1+/A2-level according to European Frame of Reference.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-VP Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-UAD Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-EP Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-ESBD Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-MIn Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-PM Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
Week 1 - Unit 5A Eating out
Week 2 - Unit 5B Talking about things we like
Week 3 - Unit 5C Understanding a recipe + 5D Spanish restaurants and latin food
Week 4 - Unit 6A Travelling by public transport
Week 5 - Unit 6B Giving instructions, asking favours
Week 6 - Unit 6C Our neighbourhood + 6D Cities in Spain
Week 7 - Unit 7A Arranging a meeting
Week 8 - Unit 7B Actions in progress
Week 9 - Unit 7C Describing appearance and character + 7D Spending the weekend
Week 10 - Unit 8A Asking and giving directions
Week 11 - Unit 8B Talking about the past
Week 12 - Unit 8C Months and seasons + 8D Holidays in Spain
Week 13 - End of course test (if not specified otherwise by tutor).