FEKT-DKC-TK2Acad. year: 2021/2022
Basic terms, secrecy theory, perfect cipher. Symmetric cryptosystems - stream ciphers, block ciphers, standards of symmetric ciphers, key management and distribution. Asymmetric cryptosystems - RSA, DL and EC types of cryptosystems, key agreement, standards of asymetric cryptosystems. Hash and other auxiliary cryptographic functions, data integrity, authentication, digital signatures. Public key infrastructure, modern cryptographic services. Electronic voting, sharing of secret information. Quantum cryptography. Introduction to the cryptoanalysis, attacks on cryptosystems and their defence.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will obtain knowledge needed for the solution of cryptographic protection of communication, information and other electronic systems.
The subject knowledge on the Master´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Burda, K. Aplikovaná kryptografie. Brno: VUTIUM, 2013. 255 s. ISBN: 978-80-214-4612- 0.
Aumasson J.: Serious Cryptography: A Practical Introduction to Modern Encryption. No Starch Press, San Francisco, 2017. (EN)
Schneier B.: Applied Cryptography. Wiley, Indianapolis 2015. (EN)
Menezes, A. J., Oorschot, P. C., Vanstone, S. A.: Handbook of applied cryptography. CRC Press, Boca Raton1997. Dostupné online: http://cacr.uwaterloo.ca/hac/ (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures. Course is taking advantage of e-learning system. Students have to write a single project during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The student will prepare a project on a given topic in the range of 8 to 10 standard pages. A written exam follows, in which the student demonstrates the knowledge of the studied issues.
Language of instruction
1. Secrecy theory and perfect cipher
2. Stream ciphers
3. Block ciphers
4. Block cipher standards and modes
5. Key management and distribution
6. Introduction to the modular mathematics
7. IF asymmetric cryptosystems
8. DL and EC asymmetric cryptosystems
9. Hash functions and digital signature
10. and 11. Applications of cryptography
12. Cryptography Perspectives
The goal is to become familiar with the principles of cryptography and cryptographic applications in communication, information and other electronic systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DKC-KAM Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-EKT Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-MET Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-SEE Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-TLI Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-TEE Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer