Selected chaps from measuring techniques
FEKT-DKC-AM2Acad. year: 2021/2022
The course is an extension of the Master's courses in Automation. It deals with modern and perspective methods of measurement of selected physical quantities, processing signals from sensors, image processing methods and modern trends in industrial automation.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Webster, John G.: Measurement, Instrumentation, and Sensors Handbook. CRC Press, 2017 (CS)
Szeliski, R.: Computer Vision: Algorithms and Applications. Springer, 2010 (CS)
Leveson, N.G.: System Safety Engineering: Back To The Future, Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures and selfstudy.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Selected chapters in metrology.
2.-4. Diagnostic methods (Vibrodiagnostics, Acoustic emission, Thermodiagnostics)
5.-6. Advanced methods of signal processing (time-frequency analysis, order analysis)
7.-9. Advanced Image Processing Methods
10. Testing, environmental and life tests of electrical equipment
11. Risk, its perception and management in society
12. Security, safety culture and human factor from a safety perspective
13. Resilience of technical systems
Extending the knowledge gained in the Master's study on selected modern and perspective areas of measurement of physical quantities, industrial automation and computer vision.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DKC-KAM Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory
- Programme DKC-EKT Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-MET Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-SEE Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-TLI Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-TEE Doctoral, any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer