Laboratory Classes in Instrumental Analysis - S2
FCH-MC_IA2_PAcad. year: 2021/2022
The subject aims at practical demostration of analytical techniques which are used in the analysis of materials, biological systems, transport systems for biologically active substances and in technical practice.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Gaining practical knowledge in the field of analysis of biological samples, selection of the apropriate method, evaluation and interpretation of the results.
Knowledge of general, inorganic, organic, physical, analytical chemistry and biochemistry.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Klouda P.: Moderní analytické metody. Nakladatelství Pavel Klouda, Ostrava 2003. (CS)
Študlík a kolektiv: Analytické separační metody. Nakladatelství Karolinum, Praha 2004 (CS) (CS)
Králová a kolektiv: Bioanalytické metody. Vysoká škola chemicko-technologická v Praze (CS) (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course uses teaching methods in form of Laboratory exercise - 3 teaching hours per week. The e-learning system (LMS Moodle) is available to teachers and students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The resulting evaluation is the average of the evaluation of individual protocols.
Language of instruction
2. Liquid chromatography for analysis of medical drugs
3. LC-MS analysis of biological samples
4. Analysis of volatile compounds by gas chromatography
5. UV-VIS spectroscopy as a tool for analysis of enzymes
6. FTIR spectroscopy for analysis of biopolymers
7. Fluorescence spectroscopy as method for analysis of transport of biologically active samples
8. Fluoresecence microscopy analysis at single cell level
9. Gel electrophoresis
10. Determination of fermentation products by CZE
11. Analysis of heavy meatl contamination by ICP-MS
12. Flow cytometry to analysis of cell populations
13. ELISA instrumentace and assays
The aim of the subject is Improvement of knowledge gained during lectures and familiarize students with methods of instrumental and structural analysis used in the field of chemistry of biologically active substances.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Mandatory participation in all blaboratory classes.