Sustainability and Global Change III
FCH-MA_ENG1IIIAcad. year: 2021/2022
Global change issues, energy and sustainability issues including energy sources of the world, scientific foundations of energy aspects, solar energy: solar modules, solar-thermal energy, power plants, photovoltaics, ecological aspects, heat pumps, geothermal, wind, wave, water and nuclear energy.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- obtain insights into different sectors of environmental research,
- get to know current aspects and problems relating to phenomena of global change,
- develop an interdisciplinary perspective,
- learn to put contents of disciplinary courses into a wider context,
- learn to discuss different environmental issues.
- compulsory prerequisite
Recommended optional programme components
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
Scientists of the University of Koblenz-Landau and Brno University of Technology as well as external institutions present current approaches and results of environmental science research. The specific contents change from year to year.
Energy and Sustainability:
Energy sources of the world
Scientific foundations of energy aspects
Solar energy: solar modules, solar-thermal energy, power plants, photovoltaics, ecological aspects
Students deal extensively with the current debate on sustainability and energy, the get to know alternative energy concepts and are able to evaluate them from an ecological as well as economic perspective.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPAP_ENVI Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 1 credit, compulsory