Design and CAD
FSI-4KCAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course introduces the students to the basics of the design methodology in the application on the assembly unit, i.e. design unit, including task assignment, information collection, variant design, optimal design, component and assembly drawing, list of items and with technical report. Everything with the possibility of using CAD programs and their calculation tools for designing the dimensions of standard machine components.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Ability of creative thinking within the individually assigned machine design task with the possibility to apply his / her original solution to the problem.
- Ability to use design methodology in designing a design unit, including task assignment, information collection, variant design, optimal design, component and assembly drawing, list of items and with technical report.
- Knowledge of CAD support in the field of computational tools for the design dimensions of standard machine components.
Knowledge of the appurtenances of component drawings and assembly units. Knowledge of available CAD system.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
SVOBODA, Pavel a Jan BRANDEJS. Základy konstruování. Vydání osmé, přepracované a doplněné. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2020. ISBN 978-80-7623-034-7. (CS)
SVOBODA, Pavel a Jan BRANDEJS, 2019. Výběry z norem pro konstrukční cvičení. Vydání šesté, přepracované a doplněné. Brno: CERM, Akademické nakladatelství. ISBN 978-80-7623-010-1. (CS)
FOŘT, Petr a Jaroslav KLETEČKA. Autodesk Inventor: tvorba digitálních prototypů. 3., aktualiz. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2012. Učebnice (Computer Press). ISBN 978-80-251-3728-4. (CS)
GREEN, Paul. The geometrical tolerancing desk reference: creating and interpreting ISO standard technical drawings. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2005. ISBN 07-506-6821-0. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The student has to submit a satisfactory elaborated solution of the design problem. Final classification according to ECTS.
Language of instruction
Aim of the course CAD is a synthesis and practical application of knowledge acquired in previous courses of machine design to engineering units. Students elaborate a complex project with full support of CAD programs. Graduates will be able to design a simple system design that meets the basic design requirements according to the assignment.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars is required and controlled. Maximum of two authorized absences without compensation of lesson are tolerated.
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
- Design methodology fundamentals, algorithm of constructional project solution. Assignment of a constructional project.
- Design accelerator - design of dimensions.
- First calculations, design drawings, consultations.
- Design of tolerances, dimensional chains.
- Control calculations, design drawings, consultations.
- Consultation of draft drawing.
- Drawings of Parts I - consultation.
- Drawings of Parts I - evaluation.
- Assembly drawing, list of items, technical report.
- Component drawings II - tutorial, assembly drawing, list of items, technical report, consultations.
- Assembly drawing, list of items, evaluation, technical report, consultation.
- Technical report, evaluation.
- Submitting, checking the repair and completeness of the design task. Graded course-unit credit.
eLearning: opened course