Information System of Small Company
FP-BISSCEAcad. year: 2019/2020
Students will gain skills and knowledge necessary for specifying requirements for an information system, its analyses, design, implementation and continual development with the focus on digital business and support of managerial tasks.
Students will be able to use common office applications for solving managerial tasks as well as prepare project of information systems within the SME business.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students are able to specify requirements for an information system, analyse, design, implement and continualy develop information system as a project with the focus on digital business and support of managerial tasks in the conditions of small companies.
Basic competence in the use of ICT (theoretical and practical) at the level of higher education. Good knowledge and skills in the use of office applications.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Common course curriculum, Lecture, Seminars in computer labs
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Evaluation of the course consists of two parts – processing of the semester project focused on selected theme and exam written test with possibility of consequent oral examination.
Processing and defence of the project is also necessary condition for granting credit.
Scoring of each component is as follows:
* Project max. 60 points that are divided into max 40 points for processing and max 20 points for defence of the project.
* Exam test with possibility of consequent oral examination max 40 points. Test is in the form of practical solution of given task with the focus on data processing and interpretation of results for decision support. (Minimum for successful completion of the Exam test is 50% - 20 points)
Main topics of the project are as follows:
* Proposal of Information System for specific SME business.
* Proposal of Part of Information System as a Support for Managerial Tasks.
The maximum number of points is 100 and the final classification is based on the number of points and is in line with ECTS. Students have to obtain at least 50 points in sum to pass the course. In case of insufficient number of points or the need for better assessment, students have the opportunity to use oral exam.
Language of instruction
Information Systems for SME Business in Digital Age
1. Information Systems in Global Business and Networked Enterprises
2. Information Systems - Organizations, Strategy and Management
3. Key System Applications for the Digital Age (Operational Excellence, E-Commerce, Managing Knowledge and Enhancing Decision Making )
4. Information Technology Infrastructure (IT Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies, Telecommunications, Internet and Wireless Technology)
How to get the proper IS for SME Business
5. Information System for SME Business (Systematic Approach)
6. Building Information Systems for SME Business
7. Managing Projects of Information Systems
8. Managing and Continual Development of Information Systems
IS for SME Business as a Support for Solving Managerial Tasks
9. Foundation of Business Intelligence and Information Management
10. Data processing and Data Analysis in Information Systems
11. Data Science for SME Business
12. Securing Information Systems – Security as key aspect.
Selected Complex Real-live Case Study
13. Selected Case Studies
The aim of the course is to make students familiar with theoretical methods, methodologies and possibilities of information systems in the frame of entrepreneurship development in digital economy with practical application in every-day life. Partial goal is improvement of practical skills in data processing as a support for solving managerial tasks.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at lectures and seminars is required as well as studying of basic literature. Control is in teacher’s competence. Students can have max. 3 absences that could and will be compensated by individual work.