Quality and Metrology - M
FSI-TRJAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course familiarises students with basic principles of quality management and quality assurance in a company.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course on Quality and metrology enables students to obtain knowledge of creation of the system of quality management and assurance in an enterprise and its audit and certification. Also dealt with are the ways of quality assurance in development, manufacturing and assembling stages of a product creation, as well as application of suitable methods.
Basic knowledge from area of metrology and mathematical statistic
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Nenadál, J. a kol.: Moderní management jakosti. Management Press, Praha, 2008 (CS)
Frehr,U.: Total Quality Management
Vačkář,J.-Teš,V.: Řízení jakosti a metrologie
Imai, M.: Kaizen. Computer Press, Brno, 2007, ISBN 978-80-251-1621-0 (CS)
Kožíšek,J.: Statistické zabezpečování jakosti
Mizuno, S.: Řízení jakosti. Victoria Publishing, Praha, 1996, ISBN 80-85605-38-4 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Teaching is suplemented by practical work.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit is conditional on 100% attendance at practicals and preparation of the semester work. Examination has a written and an oral part and tests student´s knowledge and his/her ability to apply it in practice. Part of the exam is the defense of the semester work.
Language of instruction
The course on Quality and metrology familiarises students with basic principles of quality management and assurance in an enterprise. The objective of the course is to acquaint the students with the European standards for quality management and assurance and with methods of quality assurance from pre-production stages of a new product development.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
1. 100% attendance at practicals.
2. Working out of semester project.
3. Presentation and defense of semester project.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Terms and definitions
2. Context of the organization
3. Leadership of the organisation
4. Quality planning - QFD
5. Quality planning - System FMEA
6. Quality planning - FTA
7. Support processes of Quality Management
8. Operation processes of Quality Management - SPC
9. Performance evaluation
10. Improvement of processes - KAISEN
11. Improvement of processes - DOE
12. Improvement of processes - Process FMEA
13. Presenation and defence of semestral project
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
- Methodology QFD - a case study
- Methodology FMEA - a case study
- Methodology FTA - a case study
- Methodology SPC
- Pareto analysis
- Statistical interpretation of measuring