Social Life and Rhetorics
FP-ssrPAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course addresses the problem of etiquette and rhetoric provides information and develops students’ skills in the area of communication in person or in a written form.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be made familiar with the modern attitude to doing presentations. They will be able to participate in creation and application of tools intended for public speach.Students will be able to speak in front of an audience and will be familiar with the rules of etiquette.
The knowledge of tools of management, theory of behaviour of company, theory of behaviour of customers, international business manners.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KOHOUT, J.: Rétorika, Praha 1995, 159 str. ISBN 80-85943-54-9 (CS)
SAMPSNOVÁ,E.: Jak si vytvořit působivý image. Praha 1996, 135str. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course contains lectures that explain basic principles, problems and methodology of the discipline, and exercises that promote the practical knowledge of the subject presented in the lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit requirements:
A scoring system is used in seminars. Student has to obtain min. 60 points out of 100 possible. Points can be earned by completing the required and optional parts:
1. max. 40 points for completing of the final test (required part) in the credit week. The test lasts 10 minutes and contains 20 questions, where a single answer is correct. The student can get 2 points for the correct answer, 0 points for the wrong or no answer.
2. max. 40 points for presentation of the presentation topic (required part) in the sixth seminar in the semester. Presentation topics will be exhibited during the third week in the semester. If the deadline for presentation is not fulfilled, the whole part is evaluated with 0 points.
3. max. 20 points for active participation in the second to fifth seminar in the semester (optional part). Active participation of the student in seminar is evaluated by the teacher after the end of the seminar.
60-67 b = E
68-75 b = D
76-83 b = C
84-91 b = B
91-100 b = A
Language of instruction
Rhetoric for managers I¨
Rhetoric for managers II
Presentation of results
Technique of speech
Etiquette I for business
Etiquette II for business
Image of managers
On the exercises the topic of lectures are trained. The case studies are solved by team of students or individually by student.
The aim of the course is to gain the basic knowledge of social interaction, rhetoric, presentation and obtaining the practical skills in these areas.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Presentation of presentation topic in seminar.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BAK-UAD Bachelor's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme BAK Bachelor's
- Programme BAK-PM Bachelor's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory-optional