Studio Follow-up II - Body Design - summer
FaVU-M2TD-LAcad. year: 2019/2020
Concentrated work on the diploma project.
Regular consultations on:
- completing the project
- questions of its public exhibition presentation, finding a space for presentation
- the theoretical background for the accompanying text
- the impact of the project on the student's professional future
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student / student can define their unique interest in art.
Student is able to develop a project with expected output, design of artworks and schedule.
Student will create a virtual and real circle of artists, theoreticians, and make the right choice of theoretical sources.
Student is able to provide technical conditions for realization of her diploma project, including the conditions for her ideal presentation.
Student enters a professional artistic scene unless he has done so before.
Ability to create independent work.
The ability of verbal and visual communication.
Advanced work with computer programs for editing photos and videos.
Experience with various forms of documentation of artworks and events.
Ability to read and understand theoretical literature in Czech and English.
Ability to write your Master's degree in writing.
Ability to communicate with artists and other artists about their work.
- compulsory prerequisite
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Jan Assmann:" Smrt jako fenomén kulturní teorie", Vyšehrad 2003
Gilles Lipowetsky:" Říše pomíjivosti", Střed
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The basic method is consultation.
The supplementary methods are:
- workshop - focused on the practical components of creation - at least 1 per semester - eg physical exercise suitable for performance, clothing editing workshop, workshop with different materials
- guest consultations - consultation of individual projects with an invited specialist - usually before the end of the semester
- excursions - mostly in the context of a common project
- presentations of professionals - in connection with a common project
- outdoor sympozium
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Student gets credit for 50% attendance for a tutorial and a presentation of project.
Language of instruction
1st - 9th week of teaching - consultations on the work on the diploma project
10th week of teaching - handing over work to the system,to the supervisor, and to the opponent
11th - 13th week of teaching- preparation and implementation of work installation and preparation of oral defense
Implement a master's project.
To gain the ability to confidently, clearly and personally present her artwork in public.
Engage in proffesional art world.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Obligatory attendance in the tutorial hours 50%.
Regular consultation of works outside the studio at least once every two weeks.