Digital Marketing in Business
FP-KdmPAcad. year: 2018/2019
The course puts empasis on the stutents´ acquisition of individual tools in digital marketing and social networking applications within the business. The course focuses on the use of digital marketing in connection with the launch of innovated products to the market. The course also aims at the use of system-analytical methods leading to innovations of product lines and optimization of attributes of individual innovated products or services in a shop.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will gain knowledge of specific approaches to digital marketing and social networking applications in business. Students will be able to use the relevant tools of digital marketing and optimize tactics and strategies using the necessary programs with respect to the effective allocation of necessary but limited resources.
The average level of knowledge in marketing terms and concepts.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
JANOUCH, V. Internetový marketing. Computer Press, Albatros Media as, 2017. 304 s. EAN 9788025127957. (CS)
PROCHÁZKA, T.; ŘEZNÍČEK, J. Obsahový marketing. Computer Press, 2014. 224 s. ISBN 978-80-251-4152-6. (CS)
KAUFMAN, I.; HORTON, Ch. Digital Marketing: Integrating Strategy and Tactics with Values, A Guidebook for Executives, Managers, and Students. Routledge, 2014. (CS)
DAVE CHAFFEY,D.; ELLIS-CHADWICK, F. Digital Marketing. Prentice Hall International, 2016. 728 s. ISBN 978-1292077611. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is based on lectures which have the character of interpretation of basic principles, methodology of given discipline and problems. The seminars are focused on the practical acquisition of narratives and the use of individual software applications and other digital marketing tools in the store.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Credit: The credit will be given on the basis of project preparation and its presentation. The topis will be focused on:
- Optimization of digital marketing tools and social networks in connection with the marketing of innovative products.
- Application of system-analytical methods leading to innovations of product lines and optimization of attributes of individual innovated products or services in order to increase the competitiveness of the business entity. A student can reach maximally 50 points.
Examination: The exam will be focused on verifying the professional knowledge in written form. The exam will include the professional questions discussed at the lectures. A student can reach maximally 50 points.
Language of instruction
1. Definition and content framework of digital marketing and social networking in business, use of digital marketing for marketing research purposes
2. Create a relevant web presentation
3. Offer of products and related accompanying services on websites
4. Email Marketing - a bacground of building efficient email marketing Campaigns
5. Search engine optimization - the fundaments of creating an adaptable SEO plan - create, modify and optimize the form and content of websites to increase their visibility and appropriate automated processing in web search engines
6. Search Engine Marketing (SEM) - targeting the required customer segment, SEM auctions, getting to know the key elements of PPC advertising
7. Keyword Adwords in Google Adwords Keyword Search and Selection Tools, Negative Keywords, Ad Campaign Structure
8. Exploration tools, keyword match types, conversions and choices, click-per-click (CTR), cost per click (CPC), pay per click PPC ad clicks)
9. Web analytics as the basis of all digital activities - Data types and their interpretations to achieve business goals, examples of setting and creating goals (conversions), Google Analytics, and Google Trends
10. Marketing on social networks, choosing suitable social networks, and communicating with their users, corporate and personal accounts, setting goals and implementing a plan
11. Digital marketing targeted to mobile devices; mobile site optimization, web application usage, special features for mobile search campaigns, mobile ads in social media
12. Content advetising, the form of advertisement, content ads campaigns, relevant audience targeting, promotional videos, and video ads
13. E-commerce creation, example of a suitable editing system, online payments - payment gateways, order management,
Branding strategy in social networking and digital marketing, product promotion and special events, customer targeting by purchased products
The aim of the course is the practical acquisition of individual tools of digital marketing in the business and application of social networks in connection with the promotion and sale of products. Additional aim is to teach students to apply system-analytical methods leading to innovations of product lines and optimization of attributes of individual innovated products or services with emphasis on increasing the competitiveness of the business entity.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
It will be based on control questions and the active form of education.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BAK-EP Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional