Application of Tax System
FP-UadsPAcad. year: 2018/2019
The course is focused mainly on practical application of tax rules and regulations such as the natural person income tax and corporate income tax, VAT, road tax and the real estate tax. Emphasis is placed on the ability to apply the knowledge and skills with accounting, working out financial statements and preparing accounting statements for the accounting period.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be able to apply their knowledge to particular accounting documents and receipts and to work out the company accounting, including the closing operations, as well as financial statements. Based on this information students will prepare the tax returns of direct and indirect taxes.
Students are expected to have knowledge of accounting, financial statements and elaboration of different tax returns.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Zákon. c. 586/1992 Sb o dani zpríjmu fyzickýxh a právnických osob (CS)
Zákon c.235/2004 Sb.o dani z pridané hodnoty (CS)
Zákon .c. 563/1991 Sb. o úcetnitnictví (CS)
Zákon c. 16/1993 Sb. o dani silnicní (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course contains lectures that explain basic principles, problems and methodology of the discipline, and exercises that promote the practical knowledge of the subject presented in the lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Credit requirements, way and rules of examinations and the final classification of the course:
The course-unit credit is conditional on the following:
1. Active attendance at seminars with control of keeping up with the project schedule.
2. Continuous delivery of documents in time.
3. Completion of project work and its delivery.
Conditions for passing an exam: Student has to demonstrate his/her knowledge acquired in the course and apply it in practice.
Form of examination: written – elaboration of tax returns.
Language of instruction
A brief description of lectures:
- Introduction to the course, familiarising students with its purpose and presenting requirements for the complex project of a given company. Determination of methodological procedure of overall elaboration of given company data.
- Tax road – the tax base, the taxpayer, securing of a tax base and tax rate by individual vehicles, the tax return and tax payment.
- Property tax (land tax and real estate tax) – basic terminology, tax base, taxpayer, tax rates.
The seminars will be focused on processing of the given documents and elaboration of the outputs.
The aim of the course is for students to master practically the taught topics – e.g. on completion of the course students will be able to set the tax liability for individual types of companies and individual types of taxes on a given example.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Monitoring of students’ individual work on assigned tasks. In case of an excused absence from seminars, tutors may set additional conditions or coursework if appropriate, generally elaboration of partial written exercises.