FEKT-ZEK1Acad. year: 2018/2019
The course deals with microeconomic relations and connections, terms and theoretical foundations necessary for microeconomic analysis of the problems, allowing a complete picture leading to rational behavior of micro-entity in the market environment. The content of the course is focused on the issue of the behavior of consumers and company in the environment of perfect and imperfect competition. The course also deals with the issue of production factors and production functions. The content of the course is also represents the area of state intervention in microeconomic terms.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
A final written exam (14 – 17 questions). Student has to obtain at least 35 pts from 65 pts
A final scale for a valuation of student (a student can obtain max. 35 pts from seminars, 65 pts from written exam, total 100 pts).
Language of instruction
• The basics of supply and demand
• Consumer behaviour
• Individual and market demand
• The cost of production
• Profit maximization and competitive supply
• The analysis of competitive markets
• Imperfect competition: monopoly and monopsony
• Pricing with market power
• Monopolistic competition and oligopoly
• Markets for factor inputs
• Impact of governments decision
• Externalities and public goods
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Absence in seminars could be recompense with a special assignment or with a special exam test.