Construction and Production of Electrical Equipments
FEKT-MSVPAcad. year: 2016/2017
Main topics of the course:
Product life cycle. Inner factors of company. Design methodology. Technologic design. Bases of Project management.
Design of insulation distances on electrical apparatus LV and HV. Voltage tests.
Design of current-curring line of el. apparatus LV and HV with respect on force and heat action of current.
Quenching chambers of el. apparatuses, principles of arc quenching used in el. appartuses.
Bases of mechanical design of el. apparatuses.
Insulating and current-curring materials and technology of manufacturing.
Testing of el. apparatuses, type tests, production tests.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After completing the course the student is able to:
• design insulation of electrical apparatus
• design current path with respect on force and heat effects of current
• design base parameters of moving mechanism
• design measuring and protecting transformers
Knowledge at the secondary school level of mathematics, PC, work with MS Office, particularly MS Excel is required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Havelka, O.: Stavba el. přístrojů I.,VUT, 1984
T.E. Browne, jr.: Circuit interruption, N.York,1984.
Král J., Vaněk J. : Elektromagnetické přístroje, VUT, 1984
Král J.: Technologie výroby elektrických přístrojů, SNTL, Praha, 1982
Drápala J., Kurs M.: Elektrotechnické materiály, VŠB, 2012
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Compliance with the requirements for terminating exercise: participation in seminar, projects more than 50% points at all, final exam for more than 50% points.
Written exam for more than 50% of the points.
Language of instruction
1. Design of insulation distances. Insulation materials. Technology of manufacturing. Voltage tests.
3. Design of current-currying way (force effect of rated current).
$. Design of current-currying way (heat effect of rated current).
6. Design of current-currying way (heat effect of rated current).
7. Contacts (design of contact system, materials, manufacturing).
8. Metallic materials, technology of manufacturing.
9. Bases of mechanical design of el. apparatus (movement of contacts, springs, electromangets).
10. Quenching arrangement (principles and design of quenching chambers).
11. Release machanism of el. apparatuses (bimetals, electromagnets).
12. Instrument transformers of current and voltage.
13. Testing of el. apparatuses (type and production tests).
1. Design of insulation distances on el. apparatuses LV and HV.
2. Design of LV el. apparatus (insulation, current-currying way, forces, springs, electromagnet).
3. Design of LV el. apparatus (insulation, current-currying way, forces, springs, electromagnet).
4. Design of LV el. apparatus (insulation, current-currying way, forces, springs, electromagnet).
5. Design of HV el. apparatus (insulation, current-currying way, heating, forces, mechanism).
6. Design of HV el. apparatus (insulation, current-currying way, heating, forces, mechanism).
7. Design of HV el. apparatus (insulation, current-currying way, heating, forces, mechanism).
8. Design of release mechanism (bimetal, electromagnet).
9. Measurement on release mechanism.
10. Design of instrument transformer.
11. Excursion in product factory (OEZ, Siemens, ABB).
12. Tests demonstration in short-circuit testing station (CVVOZE).
Purpose of the course is rational and goal oriented application of theoretical knowledge during design and production preparation processes of el. apparatuses.
Goal of the course for students are mastered base procedures of designer during design process and process of product preparation.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Participation in seminar is mandatory, two absences are permitted. In the case of multiple absences, it is possible to substitute the seminar after the agreement with teacher (ideally in another parallel group).
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
9 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer