FEKT-LZDPAcad. year: 2015/2016
Introduction to chosen types of diseases, their diagnostics, therapy and possibility of using medical devices. Recognition of the difference between a biological system and technical objects manufactured by man. Problems of interpersonal relationships, their changes due to diseases, age and environment. Connecting factors of the health care personal work and technicans at the hospital. The residency at the different departments of the hospital.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Is able to define the basic concepts of health care
- Can discuss the legal standards applicable to health care
- Can explain the difference between natural and artificial system
- Is able to discuss the topic of coexistence of medical and technical staff in the hospital
- Can explain the difference between medical and technical first aid
- Is able to discuss the topic of hygiene and its relation to infectious diseases
- Is able to describe invasive and non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
Recommended optional programme components
MUNZAROVÁ, Marta. Úvod do etiky a bioetiky. Brno: MU Brno, 1995. ISBN 80-210-3018-6. (CS)
ASKIN, E. a E. MOORE. The Health Care Handbook, ACADEMIC PUBLISHING SERVICES, 2012
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the field, familiarization with health systems over time, differences in geographic, economic, cultural. Health and other expertise. The health care system in the country. Breakdown of medical expertise. The system of education in health care.
2. Legal standards and issues related to health care. Informing the patient.
3. Health and disease; definition. Disease states. The written test.
4. First aid, medical and technical.
5. Psychosomatic diseases and diseases of civilization.
6. Hygiene, and infectious disease epidemiology. Social aspects of health care. The written test.
7. Internal medicine.
8. Surgical disciplines.
9. Invasive and non-invasive diagnostic procedures. The written test.
10. Invasive and non-invasive therapeutic procedures.
11. Alternative and traditional medicine. Healers.
12. Conditions for research and scientific activities in the health sector. Discussion on experiment, euthanasia, and ethical issues in health care. The written test.
13. Free lecture in the field. Consultation, course credit.
1. Teaching at the surgical department.
2. Teaching at the ophthalmological department.
3. Teaching at the department of radiotherapy.
4. Teaching in the medical complement and operating rooms.
5. Training in first aid and resuscitation.
6. Teaching at the departement of stomatosurgery.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences