Data Structures and Algorithms
FEKT-MPA-TINAcad. year: 2022/2023
1. Information representation – object oriented design
2. Information representation – introduction to data structures, abstract data types
3. Computability and complexity, deterministic and non-deterministic automata
4. Representation of information - linear data structures
5. Representation of information - tree data structures
6. Representation of information - graphs
7. Access Information– spanning tree
8. Access Information - finding a path in graphs
9. Access Information - mining knowledge from data
10. Information Disclosure - Optimization
11. Information Disclosure - Status Space Search, Genetic Algorithms
12. Processes, threads, and parallel calculations
13. Parallel, sequential and random algorithms. Distributed algorithms
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Information representation, objective oriented design.
2. Information representation, introduction to data structures.
3. Complexity, computability and automata theory.
4. Information representation, linear data structures and sorting.
5. Information representation - tree data structures.
6. Information representation - graph theory.
7. Information acccess - spanning tree.
8. Information acccess - graph search.
9. Information acccess - data mining.
10. Information acccess - decision trees.
11. Information acccess - genetic algorithms.
12. Information acccess - genetic programming.
13. Multithreaded computations, parallelization.
1. Introduction to OON.
2. Information representation I.
3. Information representation II.
4. Linear data structures.
5. Binary search trees.
6. Graphs theory.
7. Search in Graphs.
9. Search in Graphs - Dijkstra algorithm.
10. Data mining - decision trees.
11. Optimization - genetic algorithms.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MPA-CAN Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme MPAD-CAN Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme MPA-TEC Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme MPAJ-TEC Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional