Theory of Dynamic Systems
FEKT-MPA-TDSAcad. year: 2022/2023
System approach for solving technical problems. Cybernetics and system science .I/O and state space approach to the analysis and design of dynamic systems. Continuous,discrete, linear, non linear,time constant and time variable systems. Controlability and observability. State observers. Deterministic and stochastic systems.
Offered to foreign students
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- demonstrate and explain the difference between state space and input output description of the system
- explain the concept of causality, realizability, reachability, controlability, observability and reconstructability of the system
- identify and approximate basic types of dynamic systems and discretize the system
- apply the principles of block algebra and Mason’s gain rule for the evaluation of the system’s transfer function
- design the state observer and state feedback
Recommended optional programme components
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
30% from activities in numerical examples
Language of instruction
2. Different types of system description: input-output, transfer function, frequency response, polynomials.
3. Modeling of dynamical systems in MATLAB Simulink.
4. Stability of linear and nonlinear systems.
5. State space description, state equations, their solution.
6. Model realization: serial, parallel, direct programming. Canonical forms.
7. Controllability, reachability, observability, reconstruct-ability of systems.
8. Block algebra. Masons’s gain rule for transfer function computation.
9. State feedback controller.
10. State observers.
11. Methods of continuous time system discretization.
12. Stability of interval polynomials.
13. Reserve, review.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences