The Special Design of Industial Robots and Manipulators
FSI-9SKRAcad. year: 2020/2021
The subject is aimed at PhD. students who have the interest in the study of Parallel Kinematical Structures (PKS) of IRaM in detail. The attention is also devoted to machine tools of unconventional constructions. There will be analysed the structure of PKS, their characteristics, advantages, disadvantages and applications in machinary.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The acquired knowledge and the skills could be drawn on for the work of the project engineer, the design engineer or the scientific-research worker from the branch of the structure of IRaM or the construction of Machine Tools (MT).
Candidates should be familiarized with the problems of the construction of IRaM (Industrial Robots and Manipulators) and MT (Machine Tools) at the engineering level.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KÁRNÍK, Ladislav. Servisní roboty. Ostrava: VŠB - Technická univerzita, 2004. ISBN 80-248-0626-6. (CS)
MERLET, J.-P. Parallel robots. 2nd ed. Boston, MA: Kluwer Academic Publishers, c2006. ISBN 978-140-2041-334. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
There is necessary to work out an assigned semestral project and defend the work in an oral examination.
Language of instruction
The aim of subject is to inform about new knowledges about modern parallel kinematics structures of industrial robots or machining machines am machines area.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
It is recommended both the attendance at lectures and the self-study of available literature and internet sources, as well as consultations with the lecturer. Individual elaboration of semestral work.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme D-IME-P Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 0 credits, recommended
Type of course unit
20 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. to 2. The history of machines and devices with PKS
3. to 4. Elements arrangement in PKS system
5. to 6. The analysis of known solutions in PKS area
7. to 8. Kinematical tasks solving relevant values by the direct or inverse kinematics task
9. to 10. The rigidity and vibration of mechanisms with PKS
11. to 12. The positioning accuracy with regard to PKS
13. Typical representatives of industrial robots and machining tools with PKS in according Industry 4.0