Technical Equipment of Buildings
ÚSI-ERTZBAcad. year: 2020/2021
Subject is aimed at complex education in the field of technical equipment of buildings – sanitary equipment, heating, ventilation equipment, cooling systems and electrical equipment. Theoretical part contains also chapters from functioning and energetic certification of buildings.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Practical knowledge of technical equipment systems in buildings. Ability to estimate systems in the phase of design and operation.
Basics of building and heating technology and hydraulics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
VALÁŠEK. J. a kol. Zdravotně technická zařízení a instalace. Jaga, Bratislava, 2001 (CS)
Kol. Plynárenská příručka. GAS s.r.o., Praha, 1997 (CS)
POČINKOVÁ M.; TREUOVÁ L. Vytápění. ERA, Brno, , 2002 (CS)
RUBINA, A.; RUBINOVÁ, O. Klimatizace a větrání. ERA 2004 (CS)
GEBAUER, G.; RUBINOVÁ, O.; HORKÁ, H. Vzduchotechnika. ERA 2005 (CS)
DAHLSVEEN, T.; PETRÁŠ, D.; HIRŠ, J. Energetický audit budov. Jaga Group, Bratislava 2003 (CS)
ASHRAE Handbook, ASHRAE 1791 Tullie Circle, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30329, 2003 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures that consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Exam is divided into written and oral part.
The examination of the subject will take place with personal participation, in exceptional justified cases remotely.
Language of instruction
1. Listing and basic division of technical equipment in buildings.
2. Sanitary installation – water connections, indoor water piping.
3. Sanitary installation – sewer connections, indoor sewer.
4. Sanitary installation – gas connection, indoor gas piping, gas appliances.
5. Heating in buildings – heating elements a system, heat source (+renewable).
6. Heating in buildings – heating areas.
7. Heating in buildings – regulation of heating system and energy consumption, legal rules for heating.
8. Ventilating system – legal rules for ventilation, systems of ventilating (natural, mechanical, hybrid), system of hot-air heating.
9. Ventilating system – system of air conditioning, elements and units for air treatment.
10. Ventilating system - air piping, distribution elements, hot-air recovery.
11. Mechanical refrigeration, noise, vibrations.
12. Electrical equipment.
13. Estimation of buildings from the view of energy, certification and maintenance of systems.
Gaining the necessary knowledge for identification and categorisation of individual systems of technical equipment in buildings.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Tests in lectures.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme REI_P Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 3 credits, compulsory