Government and Local Government
ÚSI-ERSTSAcad. year: 2020/2021
Subject represents compact and detailed elaboration of municipal problems (especially of property rights) of communes, districts and states aimed at real estate.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students gain well-arranged knowledge of wide array of legal rules for public administration and self-government in the field of property rights. Further, they gain basic knowledge from the field of management, evidence and handling of real estate of self-governing units and detail knowledge of questions connected with real estate evaluation for the need of state and communes.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
HAVLAN, P.; JANEČEK J. a kol. Majetek územních samosprávných celků v teorii a praxi. Praha: Nakladatelství Leges, s.r.o., 2015. ISBN 978-80-7502-057-4. (CS)
ÚZ č. 1192 - Obce, kraje, hl. město Praha, úředníci obcí a krajů, obecní policie. Ostrava: Nakladatelství Sagit, a.s., 2017. (CS)
ÚZ č. 1183 - Rozpočet a financování územních samosprávních celků, organizačních složek státu a příspěvkových organizací, majetek státu. Ostrava: Nakladatelství Sagit, 2017. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures that consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Passing through two checking tests.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the subject. Term of state, legal state. Political system of the Czech Republic. Administrative division – regions, districts, administrative districts, statistical areas (NUTS), euro-regions.
2. Municipal establishment in the Czech Republic - mixed system. Competence (material, regional and personal) and executive power of commune. Independent and transferred competence of the commune. Authorities of the commune, board of representatives, council, local legal rules, economy and management of the commune. Regional establishment, development of the regional level of public government, legal subjectivity, right for autonomy. Economic control of disposal with real property. Relation between districts and communes.
3. Property of communes. Independent competence of the commune – managing its property, right to have its own property and manage it independently. Efficient and economical usage of property and protection of property. Disposal of real estate property of the commune - intention to sell, exchange or donate real estate property, rent or provide the property as a loan. Price determination at venal transfer of property. Preparation and realization of property disposition of the commune. Tax basics of the conveyance of real estate from self-governing units’ property. Estate tax base. Economical control.
4. Means of evaluation of real estate property appurtenant to state, regions and communes at preparation and realization of individual types of property dispositions. Knowledge to expert evaluation of real estate.
5. Procedure of commune authorities at preparation and discussion about suggestions of dispositions with own real estate property - tendering procedure, sale or rent to direct applicant.
6. Competence and general principles of Administrative Procedure Code. Administrative proceedings. Formulation, certification and announcement. Public service contracts. Procedure of general character. Complaints.
7. Privatization of municipal residential fond. Common price of leased flats and houses. Regulated and social rent. Unilateral increase of rent. Regulation of prices.
8. Price maps of building lands in communes. Construction principle of price map set by legal regulations, example of practical use at map creation.
9. Procedure of public authorities at reinsurance of right of citizens and natural persons to gain information according to the Act No. 106/1999 Col., about free access to information. Local fees.
10. Problems of placing of public orders and tendering procedure, definition, division of public orders, evaluation of offers - economical criteria and criteria of the lowest offer price.
11. Partnership between public and private sector in EU and in conditions of the Czech Republic. Role of private sector for offering public services. Public support, elements of public support, most common forms of public support, exceptions.
12. European sources, options of financing from EU sources, structural and cohesive policy, community programs, national plan of development, regional policy.
13. Summary of lessons, current questions of public authority, control test.
Goal of this subject is to gain compact knowledge from wide array of legal rules for public government and self government. Student will be able to solve municipal problems practiced commonly by employees of communes, municipal offices, district offices, housing associations, by property managers, real estate agencies, etc.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme REI_P Master's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory