Calculus with MAPLE
FSI-0MVAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course deals with the computational system Maple for Symbolic Computation in Calculus, Combinatorics, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis and other parts of Mathematics. The subject matter consists of orientation in Maple environment, basic commands, programming, working with packages and solving particular mathematical problems and applications in physics and engineering.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will gain knowledge of basic Maple commands, Maple structure, Input, Output and interaction with other products. Students will master solving mathematical and engineering problems in this computational environment.
Students are expected to have the knowledge of mathematics at the secondary school level, basics of PC computing skills.
Recommended optional programme components
- - -
Recommended or required reading
Buchar, J.: Úvod do programového souboru MAPLE V, , 0
www.maplesoft.com, Maplesoft, a division of Waterloo Maple Inc., dokumentace.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course takes place in the computer lab. Lectures are focused on practical exercises in the Maple environment.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
A credit can be earned on the basis of successfully solved individual tasks and active exercise attendance.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is to familiarise students with the computational system Maple, which is a powerful tool for solving mathematical and engineering problems. The course aims to guide students to the ability of an independent work in the Maple environment so as they could deepen their knowledge depending on their individual needs. Moreover, students will learn to analyze and solve some practical problems in single-handed projects.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Students are required to complete the assigned tasks.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme IT-BC-3 Bachelor's
branch BIT , 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BIT Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme B-MAI-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme B-FIN-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme B3S-P Bachelor's
branch B-STI , 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
Classwork is realized as a discussion between the lecturer and students.
1. Introduction to Maple.
2. Factorization and solving equations, function behaviour.
3. Graphics, animations.
4. Maple basic programming.
5. Packages, application in physics.
6. Object inserting, Spreadsheet manipulation.
7. Code edit region, application in physics.
8. Components, application development I.
9. Components, application development II.
10. Solving of mathematical problems I.
11. Solving of mathematical problems II.
13. Project development.
eLearning: opened course