Typology of Buildings
FAST-BHA021Acad. year: 2020/2021
Methods of building design with the consideration of an architectural concept - building typology and disposition arrangement requirements. Rooms and floor areas requirements, building dimensions and zones, cardinal point orientation, operation schemes, interiors equipments and furniture.
Elementary architectural and structural design principles of public buildings according to their types.
Acceptance of valid standards and regulations. The application of architectural and structural design principles, present economic relations, energy efficiency requirements and environmental demands. Design principles for barrier-free civic buildings and their neighbouring outdoor spaces. Design of residential houses is completed in following practical classes.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
General layout design knowledge of residential and public buildings.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction – design area dependence on tenant physiology. Residential houses – layout design solution, dwelling zones, cardinal point orientation from the point of view requirement of indoor climate, placing on the construction site.
2. Residentials rooms. House equipment and accessories. Vertical and horizontal communication areas.
3. Basic design rules for entrance space, wardrobes, bedrooms, children’s rooms and related and storage spaces.
4. Ergonomics design principles of hygienic services and technical equipment.
5. Principles of ergonomics in kitchen, design of dining and living room.
6. Barrier-free design of building interior and exterior.
7. Parking design, parking systems and parking garages.
8. Basic design principles of temporary accommodation.
9. Rules design of public eating.
10. Design of educational facilities – nursery schools, primary schools – layout design.
11. Basic rules of administrative buildings.
12. Building design for business and services, multipurpose houses – general principles layout and typology solutions.
13. Basic design principles of sports buildings and physical education.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-EVB Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory