FP-IBrmPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course is focused on the following philosophy: the Success (company's, manager's) is conditioned on making changes inside of a company. With changed company's management is closely related the methods of risk decreasing.
The module is focused on the following fields: company's '7S' framework. A successful company, a successful manager. The decision making in a company. Types and analysis of risk. Methods of risks decreasing. Risk decreasing and investment evaluation in personal and company's invest. The risk connected with company's strategy change. Prognosis as instrument for decreasing company's risk.
Offered to foreign students
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
LAM, J. Enterprise risk management: from incentives to controls. New Jersey: John Wiley, 2003. ISBN 0-471-43000-5.
CROUHY, M., GALAI, D., MARK, R. The essentials of risk management. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2006. ISBN 0071429662.
ALLEN, B. J., LOYEAR, R., NOAKES-FRY, K. Enterprise security risk management: concepts and applications. Brookfield, Connecticut: Rothstein Publishing. 2018. ISBN 978-1-944480-44-8.
KENDRICK, T. Identifying and managing project risk: essential tools for failure-proofing your project. 2nd ed. New York: AMACON. 2009. ISBN 978-08-1441-340-1.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
1. Active participation in exercises will be controlled and assessed by the teacher - max. 100 points.
2. Successful completion of a credit test - max assessment: 100 points in due term, 80 points in first reparative test and 60 points in second reparative test.
3. Successful elaboration of semester work in pre-set deadline. Maximum 100 points for handing over in the deadline max 80 points for late handing over.
4. Total number of points for awarding the course-unit credit has to be higher than 150.
Conditions for passing an exam: Knowledge of taught topics and its practical application.
Form of examination: Combined - a written test and an oral examination if necessary.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction - basic acquaintance with problems, continuity with study subjects.
2. Crisis of the company, protection against crisis, management recommendations in the fight against the crisis.
3. Critical moments of successful company development.
4. Models of planned changes in the company (Lenin model, Kotter, Nokia model).
5. Types and risk analysis.
6. Methods of risk reduction in company management.
7. Data, information and knowledge.
8. Fundamentals of investment mathematics and methodology of investment decision making.
9. Cyber security, cyber risks.
10. Risk reduction and investment evaluation in personal or corporate investment.
11. Risk associated with changing the company strategy.
12. Forecasting - a tool for risk reduction in the economic life of a company.
13. Application of UI tools to the process of risk reduction in projects.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences