Automobile Electric and Electronic Systems
FEKT-BPC-AEBAcad. year: 2020/2021
Review of automobile equipments. Electric power sources, alternators, starters. Ignition systems, electric light and signalization. Distributoriess electronic ignition. Safety systems. Navigation systems. Environment compatibility.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Written and oral examination verifies that the student is able to:
First Explain and justify the basic technical requirements for electrical equipment for motor vehicles and ECE regulations.
Second Clarify the role of species and sources of electrical energy in the vehicle.
3rd Explain the importance of the starting system and ignition in connection with environmental requirements for the operation of vehicles.
4th Stress the importance of electronic systems (ABS, ESP) for safety vehicles.
5th Analyze the impact of electrical and electronic equipment on the environment (noise suppression and methods).
- Basic knowledge of mathematics, theoretical physics and electrical engineering,
- Basic knowledge of function and design of the main types of electrical machines,
- Basic knowledge of internal combustion engines.
Recommended optional programme components
Moczala H.: Elektrische Kleinmotoren. Expert Verlag, Berlin, 1987
Electrical Motors. Mc Graw-Hill Book Company, 1986
Veinott M.: Fractional and Subfractional Horse-power
Lumley J.L.: Engines an Introduction. Cambridge University Press, 1999
Firemní literatura fy BOSCH
Tom Denton: Automobile Electrical and Electronic Systems. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford 2003
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for successful completion of the course:
- Completion of laboratory exercises and tests - 40 points
- Written and oral exam: 60 points
Language of instruction
2 Electrical Systems
4 Charging Systems
5 Starting Systems
6 Ignition Systems
7 Engine Management
10 Chassis Electrical Systems
11 Comfort and Safety
12 Electric Vehicles
13 Development Trends in Electric Vehicles
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
probably in the credit week.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
specialization AUDB-TECH , any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-IBE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme BPC-SEE Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional