Principles of Entrepreneurship
FP-BPENEAcad. year: 2018/2019
Course serve basic demarcation of all entrepreneurship area from the point of view theory as well as practice. Course concentrate on the company life curve, i.e. from decision making of potential future entrepreneur about entrepreneurial activity, across process company creation and its management in the area of growth, until survival and decline.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Skills: students will be able:
1. Criticaly analyse and evaluate entrepreneurial environment in global context.
2. Define, evaluate and choose appropriate form of entrepreneurial activity and to create business plan.
3. Analyse and evaluate position of the entrepreneurial entity on the market.
4.To formulate strategic goals and plans.
Competencies: students acquire basisc competencies necessary for creation of own company and the company future development.
Recommended optional programme components
KORÁB, V. Principles of Entreprenruship. Handbook. Brno: BMF, 2016. (EN)
HISRICH, Robert D a Michael P PETERS. Entrepreneurship. 4th ed. Boston: Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 1998. ISBN 0256234787. (EN)
BYGRAVE, William D a Andrew ZACHARAKIS. Entrepreneurship. Hoboken: John Wiley, 2008. ISBN 978-0-471-75545-6. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
1. Active participation and course unit credit.
2. Successful passing of written exam (5 open questions, each 20 points) max. 100 points. Duration of written axam 60 minutes.
3. Total number of points must be more than 60 points.
For evaluatuion will be used axis:
A 91 - 100 points
B 81 – 90 points
C 71 – 80 points
D 61 – 70 points
E 51 – 60 points
F 50 and less points
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to entrepreneurship, historical view on business.
2. Small business in the economy and their functions.
3. Innovation in business and the economy.
4. Basic stones of successful entrepreneurship, business process and its stages.
5. Entrepreneur, his/her features and self-evaluation, an intrapreneur.
6. Decision-makinmg process on setting-up a new business, selecting a place for business.
7. Establishing of a new business, Franchising concept.
8. Business plan. Parts of the business nmodel.
9. Management of the start-up pfase of the new business, management of resources of the new enterprise.
10. Business Growth Management.
11. Company internacionalisation.
12. Family business.
13. Business maturity, business sale, bankruptcy, warning signs, decline and fall.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences