Commerce and Sales Promotion
FP-Kopp3PAcad. year: 2018/2019
The subject deliveres review of trade activities. It introduces to the students the basic operations - purchase and sale, transporation and logistic, research of market and sale services providing. It characterizes the term trade category and their imporatnce for the realization of the trade activities. It explains basic form of the trade and set of conditions in which framework is business realized. To explain relation activities to the basic corporate functions and with the impact on the sales promotion.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students develop knowledge regarding review of the trade and activities connected to the realization of the activities with the strong intention to the sales promotion. They be able explain term trade and trade activities, characterize social and economical importance of the trade, define term trade categories and their importance for the trade conditions, explain set of the conditions, in which is trade realized, show to the requirements of the trade in European market.
It is presupossed knowledge of basic macroekonomical and microeconomical ralations, corporate functions and corporate economics and knowledge of trade-law relationship of the company.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
JOBBER, D., LANCASTER, G. Management prodeje. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press. 2001. 431s. ISBN 80-7226-533-4. (CS)
ČERNÝ, V. Prodejní techniky. 1.vyd. Praha:Computer Press, 2003, str.470, ISBN 80-251-0032-4. (CS)
TELLIS, G.J. Reklama a podpora prodeje. 1.vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing. 2000. 620s. ISBN 80-7169-997-7. (CS)
DENNY, R. Prodejem k vítězství. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press. 2009. 192s. ISBN 978-80-251-2505-2. (CS)
De PELSMACKER, P., GEUENS, M., VAN DEN BERG, J. Marketingová komunikace. 1.vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing. 2003. 581s (16s přílohy). ISBN 80-247-0254-1. (CS)
LUKOSZOVÁ, X. Nákup a jeho řízení. 1.vyd. Praha: Computer Press. 2004. 170s. ISBN 80-251-0174-6. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
In the framewor of lectures will used the Power Point presentations, case studies and discussions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Students have to demonstrate systematic and on-going work. The final assessment is classified according to ECTS and will depend not only on the results of the written examination of knowledge, but also the active participation of students in controlled lectures (seminars). The aim of evaluation is to test the knowledge, abilities and skills through team processing of the project, completing assignments and test.
Semester project 5%
Team Project 30%
Knowledge test 50%
Language of instruction
1. Trade and its definition. Functions of the trade. Trade nad marketing.
2. Trade on the B2B, B2C and B2G markets. Specifications of the trade.
3. Characterization of the current trade. Structure of the trade. Trade in Czech Republic. Trade in the Internet period. Legal and ethical aspects of the trade.
4. Purchase management. Definition of the function of the purchase. Terminology. Objects and forms of the purchase. Models of the purchase. 5. Logistic, marketing, informatic and administration of the purchase.
6. Sales management. Role and importants of the sale. Sales activities. Sorts of the sales. Preparation and organization of the sale. Salesman and professionalism. Personal sales´ skills. Sales strategies. Sales techniques.
7. Consumer behaviour (B2C, B2B. Sales Relationship Management. Consumer protection.
8. Sale and integrated marketing communication. Sales and marketing planning process of communication, models. Communication strategy.
9. Personal sales and direct marketing. Sales teams and their role.
10. Sale promotion and advertisement. Retail, wholesale, intermediary, customer.
The aim fo the subject is to explain terminology of the trade and activities connected to the trade with the impact on sales promotion.
Explain relation activities to the basic corporate functions. To characterize set of enviromental conditions in which are the trade activities realized in the Czech Republic and in wider European envinronment.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
It is fully in competence of lthe teacher. Active presentation in the lecture and continuous control of the knowledge int the lectures.