Programming Methods I
FSI-0S1Acad. year: 2018/2019
The course familiarises students with Computer language PASCAL implemented in the environment Borland DELPHI – constants and variables, procedures, functions, cycles, elementary data types. Also dealt with is array, list, front, LIFO-structure. Sorted array, matrixes, Gauss elimination. Elementary text works. Recursive procedures and functions and their use.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be able to programme elementary types of mathematic and technical problems.
Basic knowledge of computer control.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Martišek, D.: Algoritmizace a programování, Brno 2004, elektronická učebnice
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit is awarded on condition of having worked out semester work, and programmed elementary algorithm.
Language of instruction
Elementary programme techniques. Use of graphic programmes.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Missed lessons may be compensated for via a written test.
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1) Borland Delphi Environment, Project, Unit, Forms. Objects, their properties and events. Program branches, cycles.
2) Sums and product of numeric series.
3-4) Maximum and minimum of numeric sequences, sorting of numeric sequences, string sequence and its sorting according to English and Czech alphabet.
5) Records multivariate date arrays, matrix sum and product.
6) Gauss elimination, determinant of matrix
7) Record date type. Reading, editing and writing of extern text file
8) Elements of databases.
9) Binary files, date compression and de-compression by method of RLE
10) Data structures – front, container, binary tree
11) Recursive procedures and functions
12) Rounding errors and their behaviour in technical calculations, numeric series convergence.
13,14) Semester work processing
Presence in the seminar is obligatory.