FSI-ZRSAcad. year: 2017/2018
Subject includes an overview of the basic methods and principles of project management. It provides a essential link between the objectives, individual phases of the project, human and material resources and required terms that are necessary for the successful completion of the project. The course focuses on the active use of computer aided project management. The level of lectures at the level of international standard IPMA level D.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Graduates will be able to plan, manage, and terminate the project. They will be able to use commonly used methods and techniques of project management, which will extend their qualification of skills that can be used not only in their field. Students will understand the area that is currently very preferred and required by employers.
Students will test the practical work on the project, processing of project documentation and presentation. In addition, they learn to work in a team, including his leadership and cooperation among team members during solution of practical project. The outcome of the course will be defended team project, which also can serve as a basis for admission to examination under the National Certification of students.
Base knowledge of CAD systems and virtual prototyping.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Graded course-unit credit is awarded on the following conditions: case study elaboration of team project. Case study also includes practical processing of project using the selected software system to support the management and administration of the project. Another evaluation criterion is written test focused on verification of the theoretical knowledge.
Language of instruction
Students will acquire knowledge of methods and techniques of project management, so that they can act as a full-fledged part of project teams in any field. Students will acquire knowledge in processing of design studies of real projects that will be addressed in the course ZKP-Team project.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at lectures is recommended; attendance at practicals is obligatory and checked by the lecturer. Compensation of missed lessons depends on the instructions of course supervisor.
Type of course unit
18 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
- Introduction to project management
- Project definition, Triple Constraint project phase
- Prior-start project studies, the SMART method, logical framework, WBS
- Project charter, Gantt chart
- Node-oriented network analysis, Stakeholder analysis
- Risk assessment and management, RIPRAN, EVM
- Resource analysis (histograms sources , overload resolution sources)
- Project team, team roles, OBS, responsibility matrix, communication matrix
- Basic project budgeting
- Project completion and evaluation.
18 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
- Systems for Project Management support, GanttProject, ProjectLibre, MS Project
- Project team, responsibility matrix
- The logical framework
- Feasibility study (feasibility study)
- Structured berakdown of activities (work breakdown structure)
- Gantt charts
- CPM method (Critical Path Method)
- Project budgeting