Semestral Project 2
FEKT-NM2VAcad. year: 2015/2016
An individual technical project of the student chosen from the tenders offered at the Electrical Manufacturing and Management (ELMAN) department.
The subject matter of the project must be set early in the winter semester of the current academic year and it can form a part of the future diploma work.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student solves initial study of separate technical project
- Is able to work actively with the recommended (i searched separately) literature, including a good orientation in foreign literary sources.
- Can deal with individual technical work on the selected (specified) theme, including the preparation of a literature review on progress in the study subject, a list of potential solutions and ways to select the optimal in terms of both technical solutions and economic terms.
- Can design and build automated measuring stations, implement experiment and its results graphically and statistically processed.
- Is able to level the knowledge gained in the master's studio, designing electrical device, creating corresponding drawings, these devices implement and verify its functionality.
- He can choose the optimal programming environment and language and to develop a software application for the simulation of selected physical phenomena and dependencies.
- Can handle, using computer technology, clearly and concisely write the final technical report (document) to the presentation and graphic design for good level, respecting the relevant technical standards.
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
in accordance with theme of technical master project.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of the technical project. Student gives presents and defends a separate project.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for accreditation:
Elaboration of the written report and its successful presentation and defense by the examination board of the department.
Language of instruction
Processing and recording of individual independent technical work according to the specifications and instructions of the Head of the semester project.
Presentations created term project and its defense before the committee.
The aim is to demonstrate the student's ability to process separate technical work on a selected topic from our professional institutes or industrial companies.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Regular consultation with a professional manager and check the progress of the semester project.
Type of course unit
39 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer