Electromechanical System Dynamics
FEKT-NDESAcad. year: 2015/2016
The basic laws of electromechanical energy conversion. Electromechanical systems with one or more excitation coils, with linear and with rotor movement. Dynamic equations. Variation principle. Theory of general electric machine, basic equations and its linear transformation. Mathematical model of synchronous generator, interaction of synchronous generator and mains, transients in the system generator - mains.
Offered to foreign students
Of all faculties
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Subject graduate should have been able:
- explain principle of electromechanical energy conversion
- explain principle of accumulation of electric and magnetic accumulation,
- explain terms energy and coenergy, conservative and nonconservative system,
- derive expression of force and torque in linear and nonlinear system with linear and rotary movement and solve simple exaples,
- form dynamic equations of electromagnetic system,
- describe and explain general theory of electric machines and form dynamic equations,
- explain transformation of coordinates,
- form dynamic equations of induction, synchronous and DC machines and solve electric machines transients using Matlab Simulink.
Student should have been able to:
- explain electromagnetic basic principles, solve DC, AC electric circuits with lumped parameters and magnetic circuits,
- differentiate functions of one and more variables,
- integrate functions of one and more variables,
- solve transients in linear and nonlinear circuits using Matlab Similink,
- explain principle of operation and properties of electromagnets, transformers, induction, synchronous and DC machines.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Měřička, Zoubek:Obecná teorie elektrického stroje,SNTL Praha
Majmudar, H.:Elektromechanical Enargy Conversion,England Allynana Bacon
Chee-Mun Ong: Dynamic Simulation of Electric Machinery
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Control tests - 20 points
Evaluation of simulation tasks - 15 points
Final exam - 65 points
Language of instruction
The students will get the basic knowledge of electromechanical energy conversion, the knowledge of how to set dynamic equations of electromechanical systems and how to solve these equations on PC. The students will be acquainted with the general theory of electrical machines.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans