FCH - Academic / Research assistant
The dean of the Faculty of Chemistry, Brno University of Technology is opening a position of an
for teaching in subjects Soil chemistry and Biogeochemical Interfaces and research in the field of Soil ecology, Soil fertility and Soil contamination. The Institute of Chemistry and Technology of Environmental Protection is inviting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Academic/research assistant in our team. We are looking for a soil scientist with skills in soil analysis, soil processes and soil contamination and analytical techniques such as NMR, FTIR and AAS. You will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art DSC, TG, AAS, FTIR and other modern devices.
- Teaching the subject Soil chemistry and laboratory classes.
- Teaching the subject Biogeochemical interfaces.
- Teaching other subjects upon agreement.
- Participating in the research projects under supervision.
- Preparing own project proposals.
- Manuscript writing.
- Supervising students and interns.
- Ph.D. in soil science or related fields.
- Skills in NMR, FTIR and AAS sample preparation, measurement and data evaluation is a requirement.
- Practical experience with soil sampling, fractionation techniques and soil characterization.
- Ability to exploit FCH BUT facilities and laboratories (https://www.fch.vut.cz/en/rad/mrc).
- High energy, self-motivated with excellent communication skills in English.
- High interest in self-contained research, presentation and publication of scientific data
- Ability to work independently, interest and capacity to work for teamwork, international inter-disciplinary collaboration.
- A record of scientific accomplishments by peer-reviewed publications is a requirement.
- Work in the Czech Science City Brno with many collaboration possibilities.
- Participation on research projects.
- Access to FCH BUT facilities and laboratories.
- Further training and personal development, e.g., participation in workshops and conferences.
- Eight weeks holidays.
- 1 FTE (40 hrs / week, negotiable).
Interested candidate should provide:
- Detailed CV with contact information and statement covering his/her experience in relevant areas (laboratory and field experience).
- Diploma and/or certificates proving the previous education.
- Cover letter stating the motivation for applying.
- Name and contact details of two academic and/or scientific referees from two distinct institutions.
The required information and the documents must be delivered before 3. 11. 2021 and can be sent either by email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org or to the postal address FCH VUT v Brně, Purkyňova 464/118, 612 00 Brno, att. Pavlína Samcová, tel. no.: +420 54114 9338.
For further information related to the job description, please contact the director of the Institute of Chemistry and Technology of Environmental Protection prof. Jiří Kučerík, email@example.com, tel.: no. +420 541 149 341.
Starting date negotiable.