Selected Chapters of Plumbing
FAST-NTB028Acad. year: 2020/2021
Differentiated water installations pipes sizing. Theoretical fundamentals of pumping process within hydraulic systems. Pump application within plumbing engineering specialization – overview of systems applied for water supply and drainage for buildings. Design of pump stations and conjoint equipment.
Basic information about sprinkler fixed extinguishing systems.
Acquaintances extension of rainwater soakaways and retention tanks, rainwater harvesting and central domestic hot water heating systems. Overview of appliances for potable water conditioning. Problems of domestic hot water temperature control. Gas installation pipework and appliances for buildings.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student upgrade his qualifications in plumbing systems in buildings.
Fundamentals of hydraulics - water flow in a closed pressurized systems and gravity flow systems, basic principles of plumbing, basic knowledge of hot water supply systems and gas installations.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Differentiated pipe sizing, potable water demand and quantity of wastewater.
2. Introduction to pumps systems, suction head for pumps.
3. Pump head-capacity curves, system head curves, point of pumps operation.
4. Pumps and booster pumps stations for plumbing engineering.
5. Determination of capacity of gravity tanks (suction, storage) and pressure tanks (diaphragm tanks).
6. Automatic wastewater lifting plants and their design.
7. Management of rainwater, soakaways, retention tanks, rainwater harvesting.
8. Central water heating – storage and instantaneous systems.
9. Central water heating – design of systems components.
10. Potable water conditioning, control of domestic hot water temperature.
11. Gas appliances placement, gasa devices in boiler rooms.
12. Gas installation pipework for buildings.
13. Sprinkler fixed extinguishing systems – purpose, application, fundamental arrangement and sprinkler installations.
To extend basic information of plumbing engineering especially in the area of water pumping, extinguishing systems and water heating systems. Design pumping stations within plumbing engineering specialization, to do conjoint hydraulic calculations and to process necessary drawings, further the students will be able to design domestic hot water systems efficiently including thermal calculations. Sprinkler fixed extinguishing systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIS Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional