Sustainability and sustainable development are one of the key topics to which BUT pays great attention. We care about how our actions affect the future shape of our world. We have therefore decided to participate in the European Sustainable Development Week, which takes place from 20 to 26 September 2023, through lectures, exhibitions, seminars and sporting events.
19.–23. September 2023, Centre of Sports Activities BUTCentre of Sports Activities organises the Sports Week at BUT, which is intended for students and employees of the BUT. It is an offer of various sports and additional activities, a complete list of which can be found at CESA website (Czech only).
19.–26. September 2023, Faculty of Civil Engineering, room A424, building A, Veveří 95, BrnoRecycled plastic has many more uses than it might seem. The company Plastic Guys, founded by FCE graduates, uses it to produce design boards for both interiors and exteriors. Take a look under the hood of their original production and visit the exhibition at FCE (Building A, Room A424, 95 Veveří Street). The exhibition will be commented on by the founders of the company on 21, 25, 27 or 29 September from 11 am to 12 pm. It is open to the public from 8 am to 4 pm.
21. September 2023 from 2 pm, Faculty of Business and Management, Kolejní 4, BrnoAs part of the opening of the semester, the Faculty of Business and Management has prepared a program that includes not only a competition with the Cavaliers Brno Hockey Team and a beerpong tournament, but also planting a linden tree. Come and "reforest" the area in front of the faculty.
21. September 2023 from 4 pm, Technical Museum Brno, Purkyňova 105, lecture hall in 4th floorThe public lecture entitled "Batteries, Energy Storage and Electromobility" will take place as part of the accompanying programme of the exhibition "There is no TESLA like Tesla" (Czech only), which is currently taking place at the Technical Museum Brno. The lecture will be given by Associate Professor Tomáš Kazda from the Department of Electrical Engineering, FEKT.
22. September 2023 from 6 pm, KUMST, Údolní 19, BrnoFaculty of Architecture is joining the celebration of the Kumst Creative Hub for the third time. This year's connection between architecture and the creative platform will be marked by experimentation. The exhibition The Wide Perimeter of Architecture will show you how they achieved this.
25. September – 13. October 2023, Moravské náměstí, BrnoOriginal exhibition From Gearbox to Infinity: An Astonishing World, which presents the work and research of students of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in the form of ten posters, can be found on Moravské náměstí.
25 September from 15:30 to 17:30 / 2 October from 15:30 to 17:30, Faculty of Civil Engineering, entrance gate Žižkova 17Come and see the FCE beehive. You will learn what a bee colony consists of, what a beekeeping year is and you will also have the opportunity to try out some beekeeping equipment and tools. The programme is suitable for individuals and groups of up to twenty people. The meeting point is always at the entrance gate at 17 Žižkova Street.
26. September 2023 from 4 pm, Rectorate BUT, Antonínská 1, BrnoBusiness is a dynamic process between several parties - entrepreneurs, politicians, professionals and academics, each of which views it from a different perspective. Come and listen to a debate between participants from all these parties on Tuesday, 26 September at 4 pm in the Hall of Rectorate BUT.
26. September 2023 from 5 pm, room SF 2.162, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication BUT, Technická 12, BrnoThe lecture (Czech only) by Associate Professor Jan Fišer from the Energy Institute of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering will present the current direction in the development of passenger vehicle technology and the reasons for the trends towards electrification of drives. He will consider the physical principles of EV drives, legislative, societal requirements, societal commitments and energy.
29. September 2023, KUMST, Údolní 19, BrnoAre you interested in the future of the planet? This book addresses the issues of population growth, ever-expanding industry resulting in ever-increasing CO2 production, and other issues related to sustainability. We can discuss the solutions the book offers with other participants at the launch.
6. October 2023 from 6 pm, Faculties and other units of BUTCome and discover the "secrets" at the BUT on Friday, 6 October from 6 pm, when we will open the scientific and research workplaces and science centres, where FREE guided tours, popular educational lectures, workshops, experiments and more will be held. The programme is suitable for schoolchildren, students, families and other members of the general public.
Until 31. December 2023, Rectorate BUT, Antonínská 1, BrnoCome and see the unique work of the renowned sculptor Michal Gabriel, teacher at the Faculty of Fine Arts. Sharks, beasts and other figurative objects are created using resin and walnut shells or snail shells.